Civil War gun found in Gettysburg Walmart trash

I look forward to surprisingly lyrical and poignant missives from the front lines of the Walmart any day now.

3 Likes

I wonder if someone didn’t have some plans to shoot up a Walmart with a civil war gun as some symbolic act and then realized at the last minute they couldn’t load normal ammo into a percussion cap revolver and ditched it.

1 Like

My BIL made one of these from a kit years ago. Pretty nice actually. In Canada it was registered like any other handgun and after he died and no one wanted to keep it the police came around to collect it (transporting handguns in Canada is complicated ).

2 Likes

My bet is that these are Pietta, Uberti or other Italian black powder revolver copies.

2 Likes

My Dearest Abigail, I write you from the grease stained table of the McDonalds inside the Walmart. As I fight the winter crowds looking for cases of bottled water and discounted shrimp ramen I am reminded of you…

6 Likes

In other news, Civil War Holdout killed by Walmart Purity Patrol for Blasphemy.

No wonder I couldn’t find that Gettysburg address; I was in the wrong state.

3 Likes

If anything it’s much more advanced than anything they had at the time; the revolver wasn’t invented until decades after the Bill of Rights was ratified.

4 Likes

HUNTER!!! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!

(Actually I think it was a family member of his that threw his gun in a rubbish bin?)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.