Clarence Thomas faces tax fraud allegations over undisclosed gifts

Indeed,
For a country founded (at least partially) by people who disagreed with the rule of kings/queens… These American States seem to forever be trying to reestablish a pseudo-royalty for which to:

• worship as though a better archetype of the best possible human
  • a desire to enrich this de facto royalty in hopes to one day become as they are
  • a desire to enhance ones own standing in society, not so much for the improved living conditions itself, but instead to be “better” than their peers

Though I’m sure that the type of deference to a hierarchical structure is psychologically built into humans, America has perfected it while believing it does not apply to themselves.

3 Likes

The fact that he’s on a yacht floating in the air didn’t give it away?

3 Likes

Hot air balloon super yachts are all the rage amongst justices on the take these days.

6 Likes

Yeah every time I read about this, I throw it in the pile with any other time these SNL bits apply:

4 Likes

No, it didn’t. I guess your points of orientation differ from mine.

Thank Goddess we all still differ in some ways! I suuppose AI will flatten that out soon, though. :cry:

5 Likes

7 Likes

The only thing that made me do a double take was my own disbelief that CT could be that snappy a dresser. Then I noticed the left hand leopard had a tiger’s face. I didn’t even see the Lovecraftian horrors that were the rest of the cats’ bodies until you mentioned zooming. These fake images are horrifying in oh so many ways, and the vast majority of the horrors are all in the implications for the future.

7 Likes

Zooming in is normally my go to when not sure if an image is human-legit or ai-made. On the other hand, the other points taken into account, another giveaway is the non-osha approved handrail.

Edited to add this: am i mistaken to believe that ai generated images may be harder to distinguish from human made if the generative tool being used is a paid-for version?

3 Likes

I’ve not developed that habit yet. It usually takes a minute for me to even consider “this might be fake” if it’s not obvious in some way. I’m a great big skeptic in most ways but I still default to seeing a picture and assuming it’s real until something clicks to set up a red flag.

3 Likes

Other than the bearded lady, what red flag?? :thinking:

(Sorry, it’s Friday.)

According to a rumor I’m starting, his vacations got out of hand if you know what I mean.

5 Likes

Is that Rudy in a platinum wig sitting to CT’s left in the first picture? He looks healthier than I’ve seen him since before 9/11.

2 Likes

There was probably quite a bit more money coming from it back then than there is now. I can understand taking short cuts because of that. I mean that is the actual use case for AI: it may not be any good but you didn’t have to hire someone/spend any time or creativity doing this thing.

1 Like

I miss them.

2 Likes

His floating chair in pic 2 is enough of a “you would not believe what Clarence did last night” vibe for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.