Clarence Thomas wants to make it easier to sue the media for defamation

Originally published at: Clarence Thomas wants to make it easier to sue the media for defamation | Boing Boing

4 Likes

He’s still stewing over coverage of his sexual harassment during his confirmation hearings. That man holds grudges and the entire country is paying for it. Maybe also pissed his wife keeps getting coverage as an insurrectionist.
Unfuck all the assholes who voted to confirm someone with such a fragile ego to the supreme court

25 Likes

It’s worth noting that suing for defamation is a double edged sword in the sense that it could be wielded against assholes like Tucker and Alex (for example).

In the UK and Europe people have the right to free speech, same as the US. But they don’t (for the most part) go around spewing stuff they just made up because to do so has consequences.

16 Likes

Mr. Thomas; please remember that you can’t defame the merely infamous; and try to act accordingly.

8 Likes

Clarence Thomas wants to make it easier to sue the media for defamation

Of course he does!

4 Likes

I know that I just need to be patient while I cast my votes in the right direction, but what else can I do to help get these jerks out of their position of power? I donate money to the groups that can put it to use (ACLU, Planned Parenthood), but witnessing the slow erosion of our personal rights is damn frustrating and infuriating.

I can’t wait for Legal Eagle’s follow-up video (which he mentions at 25:36 in this video) with what more we can do to avert, and hopefully reverse, this nonsense.

7 Likes

When Fox News realizes how bad this can bite them on the dick

10 Likes

Exactly, every time Hannity calls progressives a traitor to this country I’m suing.

10 Likes

Honestly, it’s not that far off of an idea. Heck, even an anti-piracy law written in the 90’s is being used to keep tractors from being repaired by farmers.

4 Likes

Remember, this is the Face Eating Leopard party, who always, always seems surprised when the leopards eat their face.

6 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Yup! Watched this yesterday. It’s a solid breakdown of the whole shit storm and def worth everyone’s time. Will look for the follow up for sure.

1 Like

The UK’s courts are the libel capital of the world. Whatever you do, don’t look to us for how to handle that sort of case.

6 Likes

I’m not one for using insulting nicknames for public figures, but Karen Thomas seems too easy. Perhaps Uncle Karen Thomas to make it more clear you’re not just talking about some random woman, and of course borrow from the always awesome Samuel L Jackson.

This looks like the most depressing ventriloquist act ever.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.