Cloudy Cloud Cloud

I don’t have a lot of data on cost, but there is a threshold for when it’s worth handing over the infrastructure to a cloud provider. This is speaking strictly to the cost of running cloud instances in dollars spent, and nothing else, but I have heard from a few people that realized a physical server in a co-lo facility was more cost effective than the charge per time used in a cloud instance.

There are also cases inverse of that, and some cases where building cloud infrastructure internally seems to be the way to go. Large cable TV providers are doing a lot of internal cloud work. They know when peak demand for various television and other media is, and can fire up a bunch of virtual servers to handle the load, and then remove them from the host and spin up other servers to do different tasks in the downtime.

If you can find one, please post it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s one that has been in my head for years, but I don’t have an app to download it to a file.

1 Like

If you have a raspberry pi raspbian (well at least it used to have checked recently) comes with a free copy of mathematica.

This topic was automatically closed after 189 days. New replies are no longer allowed.