CNN's HLN to relaunch as "cable news network for the social media generation"

You can join their forum by registering through your “Myspace” account.

6 Likes

HLN pioneered the art of bludgeoning TV news audiences with information overload with the “Dude, Where’s My News” screen layout when they overhauled their format over a decade ago.

Stumbling around for an attribution to the quote (Phil Kloer, still at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution) uncovered a great stub with prescient quote from 2001:

“…Headline News could be a long-term success. But that won’t make it good TV or quality journalism. It can’t always be about popularity. Millions of people watch CBS’ Big Brother, but that doesn’t mean it should be critically acclaimed.”
— Terry Jackson, The Miami Herald

2 Likes

Use AOL keyword “MySpace”.

Did they? I think CP24 has had that format since they launched in 1998. I’m not sure if they originated it, but it wouldn’t surprise me. The same company that started CP24 also seems to have started the no anchor desk news format.

1 Like

I’m Wolf Blitzer, and you’re watching “The Dialup”

‘Gzzz-gzzz-gzzzt…vrrrrrrrbbbbbtt…’

3 Likes

well put. I suspect you’re pretty close to whom this network is actually targeting.

never stopped 'em in the past, amirite?

Blolf Witzer and Grancy Nace: Spew!

And their son, Cooper.

My irrelevancy is legendary :wink:

One step closer to “Ow, My Balls!”

1 Like

oh, darn.

grammar fail.

Watch it there. What you just wrote is like an open astroturfing invitation to the Fair & BallancedTM crowd. I’m all for whacking some trolls, but there’s no need to go out of the way to call 'em in. :wink:

And I completely agree. If you really want to know what’s really going on in the US and around the world, AJ is a great source of actual news.

1 Like

Thanks to the internet, I can’t see the abbreviation “CP” without thinking of Chris Hansen.

Already been done…

www.touchvision.com

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.