Coinbase wants to decentralize employees grading each other on the Blockchain

Originally published at: Coinbase wants to decentralize employees grading each other on the Blockchain | Boing Boing

4 Likes

OVzKS2k-5lPIUkQoTS5qGeZSUv6wks6KlhW-3mjoG6o

5 Likes

As if corporate America’s HR Culture couldn’t get worse.

Meanwhile, despite the recent Terra/Luna disaster, the exchanges are giving the arrogant arsehole who started that cryptocurrency another chance.

5 Likes

yes yes decentralized cloudbased interactive feedback driven blockchain… can i call Jeremy a stinkyface and blame Brian or not? (“ey! shouldn’t BoingBoing blockchain up the little heart counts on comments?”)

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing about the inevitable massive lawsuit when this system is gamed in ways that are racist, sexist, and illegal, all now nicely documented, traceable back to individual employees so the corporate veil can be pierced, and served up in a courtroom, probably as a class action suite by the discriminated against employees.

7 Likes

This sounds awful. While i appreciate transparency there are some things i don’t need to be made public, in my line of work i’ve had coworkers go through really difficult periods in their professional or personal lives and struggled to keep up. Eventually they were able to make changes and get back to normal. However making it so that everyone can see this would be demoralizing and humiliating.

5 Likes

Are they claiming that the transactions are anonymous?

3 Likes

My administration read that positive feedback could promote well being, so they have us write “Kudos” to the office and then everyone who got or gave a kudo is entered in a drawing for prizes. It has had a totally paradoxical effect on me, because it just emphasizes that my boss knows nothing about what I do.

4 Likes

Imagine an anonymous, decentralized boot, stomping on a human face, forever.

8 Likes

Ah - a slam book.

3 Likes

Well, that’s some dystopian bullshit right there. And probably a sign of the beginning of something far worse in common HR practices.

4 Likes

What could go wrong?

3 Likes

1_u0rFM2aZ0F_cN1o6gnC2Ig

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.