College course on "adulting" so popular it's now turning students away

On budgeting. My parents never taught me to budget. But they did teach me that I shouldn’t steal. And that I don’t need every shiny thing I see. And how to add up (and subtract). That bad decisions have consequences. To plan a little. And that plans don’t always work. To be generous. And that if it all goes terribly wrong, I can always come home. Thank you Mum and Dad. Since leaving home, I learned that I am very lucky.

12 Likes

Some interesting ideas here on that:

2 Likes

Children are innocent
A teenager’s fucked up in the head
Adults are even more fucked up
And elderlys are like children

Excerpted lyrics from Pets by Jane’s Addiction

5 Likes

Interesting brush you’ve got there. Don’t hurt yourself.

10 Likes

Home Ec classes were jokes. Maybe somewhere there were good, truly educational classes at the high school level, but I never knew anyone who was in one, and the ones I took were laughably bad.

10 Likes

“Grown-assitude”?

Each week of class you have to turn in your completed grown-assignments

5 Likes

What is this “allowance” you speak of?

4 Likes

The boomers weren’t the ones in charge of things at the height of all the “waving nukes around,” which actually never really quite stopped btw, considering the doomsday clock is closer to midnight than it’s ever been.

I think there are some cultural hallmarks that many (not all) in these so-called generations have in common, but they are much more due to shared experiences vs. shared perspectives and lifestyles. To paint tens and tens of millions of people from many different backgrounds with one broad brush is pretty silly.

Other than the fact that obviously Xennials are the best, by far. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I took @egypturnash’s comment as a reference to the current escalation of nuclear tensions by boomers in charge such Cheetolini, not the first Cold War (here’s hoping we don’t have to start numbering the cold wars).

3 Likes

Being an adult all the time is a drag

8 Likes

Word.­

5 Likes

Luckily I was special ed so I got it in 6th grade for free :sunglasses: #lifehacks

2 Likes

Some sort of land mine that I want to avoid stepping on?

1 Like

If only.

14 Likes

giphy|nullxnull

11 Likes

11 Likes

The first rule of adulting class is you don’t talk about how it’s secretly adultery class.

8 Likes

Lesson 1: Stop using the word ‘adulting’

4 Likes

My father’s adulting advice when I left home was to keep a dollar in my shoe.

And the public adulting advice available was don’t sleep in the subway.

8 Likes

Neither were home ec courses - when they existed- open to guys or had truly relevant curriculum.

4 Likes