Columbia students and allies - a roundup of news

Except of course, if they don’t fall in line and unquestionably support Israel, they’re not “real” Jews, are they? /s

god, I despise that man so hard.

9 Likes

Just a general reminder that there are protests in Tel Aviv against Bibi and the war, at least once a week, and have been since before October 7.

7 Likes

No where did I say “ALL Israelis” or anything like that. I was talking about Bibi and his views about Jews and Israelis who dissent from the ongoing genocide. I’m well aware that there are many who do dissent.

Nonetheless, he has enough support to stay in office. After he got kicked the curb over his obvious corruption, he was voted him back in. Enough Israelis support what’s happening in both Gaza and the West Bank (and in Lebanon, too) that it doesn’t look like he’s going to leave office anytime soon.

7 Likes

I never meant to imply that you didn’t know this, it was a general reminder; I just thought your post was the most relevant to attach it to in the conversation. A “yes, and”, rather than a correction. I apologise for doing that clumsily.

6 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Barnard College updated their ‘Standards for Community Conduct’ in light of protests against the genocide of Palestinians.

They’re now forbidding almost any form of individual or collective protest or public expression of opinion Barnard College Expectations for Community Conduct | Barnard College

source

These new ‘Standards for Community Conduct’ extend to banning all objects from ‘elevated spaces’ and banning ‘any division or department of the College supporting a geopolitical viewpoint or perspective while denigrating or remaining silent about an opposing geopolitical viewpoint or perspective.’

source

In sum, a professor, member of staff or student expressing the sentiment ‘I do not agree with the current Standards for Community Conduct at Barnard College’ may be ‘subject to suspension, expulsion, or other appropriate disciplinary action’. All because Barnard students protested against genocide

source

10 Likes

ex on the beach middle finger GIF by MTV Nederland

5 Likes

Tell me this one won’t be used and abused by predators masquerading as professors:

9 Likes

They might want to ask Berkeley how that worked out in the 1960s…

7 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes