Comcast blocks Tor

Ars is reporting that it is likely a rumour. Ars includes the following quote from Comcast;

“Per our own internal review, we have found no evidence that these conversations took place, nor do we employ a Security Assurance team member named Kelly. We respect customer privacy and security and only investigate and disclose certain information about a customer’s account with a valid court order or other appropriate legal process.”

Looks like its a matter of wait and see.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me, Comcast support is farmed out to non English speaking people reading from a script. COMCAST cares abouy… You paying your bill.

I agree that in this instance the denials seem sincere. This story is probably BS However, I will point out that (not necessarily from comcast, but commonly) I have had customer service reps give me false names, and maybe one time in 3 does any call actually, successfully get logged in a way that the next person I talk to is able to locate it. So my belief is based entirely on the tone of the denial, not what supposed evidence presented.

And in any case of course the reps are incompetent. They are minimally trained and not allowed to think.

And this could be the case here… but I suspect that comcast also searched for the text of the “quote” and found nothing as well.

But hey, someone got to make Comcast look bad, get TOR some attention, and even managed to tie some USA bashing into it. Mission accomplished.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.