Come out, it's time. For the lottery.

Ah, but did you know that Tinkerbell was once officially classified as a Disney Villain? (Turns out that attempting to have a young girl murdered automatically puts you on Walt’s naughty list)

4 Likes

Come on, it’s literally the first comment!

Quite glad they ditched the “one feeling at a time” thing, that was awkward at best.

When this idea comes up, I always respond by asking how they expect all those folks who’ve lost their jobs to buy anything (except food). Before the virus, financial news outlets were full of stories about rising consumer debt. We see all the caring coronavirus commercials, but banks and landlords won’t hold off for much longer.

Remember all those dire warnings that most households were only a couple of paychecks away from homelessness? Now, millions of people have been out of work for far longer than that. If folks proposing the “get 'em back to spending plan” really think the pitiful payments from the social safety net will enable the masses to run out and spend like nothing has changed, they’re more delusional that we thought.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/economy/us-household-debt-record/index.html

2 Likes

I’m thinking the anti-lockdown protestors are a very small minority, but very vocal. Squeaky wheels and all that. And the media doesn’t help by amplifying their message out of proportion to their size. Not blaming them, since their game is selling eyeballs to advertisers.

Perhaps 80%, maybe even 90% are going to be very cautious with re-opening. I’m just a neighbour to the north, so not sure how things are really going.

Watching with fascination, tbh. Interesting times.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.