Comics legend Grant Morrison will cast a spell for you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/11/comics-legend-grant-morrison-will-cast-a-spell-for-you.html

2 Likes

“We have Alan Moore at home.”

8 Likes

FYI, Grant Morrison uses they/them pronouns

4 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

Over on their newsletter, Morrison expressed some frustration with that interview/coverage. It wasn’t meant to be a “coming out,” per se; it was just an off the cuff comment. As far as they were concerned, their non-binary-ness had been public matter for decades anyway, something frequently explored in their work. They weren’t particularly botheree by default male pronouns; they were just relieved to find that “they/them” has since become a more socially acceptable option.

6 Likes

We know it’s “real” because it’s spelled with a k

1 Like

Aleister Crowley has entered the chat.

Whether you wanted him to or not.

3 Likes

To hell with that guy.

ETA:
A friend drove me by the house in Lou-a-vulle crowley once inhabited. It’s a big, gorgeous Victorian.

“I much prefer ‘they’ to ‘he’, if I’m being honest!” Substack article by Grant Morrison, 10/23

1 Like

I’m not one to debate on the Internet, but as a trans nonbinary person, this representation matters to me, and Boing Boing is typically a place I feel I can count on to be sensitive to these matters. I can’t include links in this reply, but if you want more info it’s a quick internet search :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For only $10,000.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Magic always comes with a price.

3 Likes

Screamin’ Jay Hawkins has entered the chat.

2 Likes

I think we’re in agreement here! I read that same piece, and I was mostly just pointing out that they weren’t “coming out” per se, just acknowledging what was always true.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.