Commie Library of Memes

Yeah I’ll be hoisting that term in appropriate contexts as well.

Those cats… I know they were all or partially CG but the video’s creator(s) really nailed such a motivated use.

2 Likes

It looks like the animals were pulled from a live-action/cgi version of Lady and the Tramp (did Disney make one?). Either way, good choice.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Yoinked!!

9 Likes

If you look around you can probably find a guillotine at a curiosity or antique shop. It would probably require a bit of blade sharpening. The shop around the corner from me had an old 1920s magician’s guillotine for sale for years. No need to buy new.

Goals:

12 Likes

8 Likes

Well lookie there, NBC used a dirty word! :scream:

New year, same work anxiety. How capitalism makes work-life ‘balance’ feel impossible.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1252616

14 Likes

25 Likes

10 Likes

Why workers need rights, protections, and collective action options:

14 Likes

I feel like this should be a caveat in every possible debate about immigration by anyone in a position of power. Anytime they start maligning immigrants, a big buzzer goes off and behind them, a big neon sign with this statistic lights up.

12 Likes

But the people who actually hired those undocumented workers? Step right up, boys!

9 Likes

Everyone in the nation needs to be eligible for the vaccine at some point period, if we’re to stop this thing, you fucking moron.

14 Likes

For all the talk about liberals not showing compassion for evil people, the Governor of Nebraska is exhibit A.

What a total piece of shit. I wouldn’t even give him a second thought if something bad happened to him.

6 Likes

“Liberals” may lack hairshirt compassion for evil people who make it their goal to hurt others. Republicans have compassion for nobody.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s like some gummints don’t get germ theory at all. If your workforce is depleted, ill, or dead, how’s that affect your state’s economy? Or does that even matter to The Powers That Be? Surely they need cogs for the capitalist machine.

Worse, most people in the U.S. depend on these essential and poorly-paid workers to staff the food supply chain and keep low food prices low. If the pandemic kills the people who harvest our crops, butcher our meats, etc., we’ll have more expensive food and fewer people who want to risk their lives to work such jobs.

I regard all this cynical justification of worker maltreatment as a form of kettling. Put people–workers–at the lowest, sharpest end of the economic scale under enormous pressure, fighting to stay alive, and keep that pressure on.

Such workers will be too exhausted, too ill, too overworked to organize or find a better way.

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I hadn’t heard the term “kettling” (aside from what avian raptors do when riding thermals), but it seems a likely and planned result for workers. I think most of the anti-maskers don’t realize it, but the higher ups leading the charge on the anti-lockdown stuff certainly see the long term…erm, “benefits” of this murderous approach.

3 Likes

The higher-ups are just as unaware of the long term consequences. The bubonic plague played a part in ending feudalism, covid could fuck up capitalism just as badly no matter how many billions Bezos hides away.

17 Likes
7 Likes