A thread for PNG, JPG and that kind of riffraff

Blame slybevel.

This is a thread for static pictures with no motion. If you’re looking for moving pictures, try youtube or The Gif Bank

###MEME-IFIED IMAGES ARE DISCOURAGED BUT NOT FORBIDDEN

To aid in finding specific images back, it is suggested that you tag the post or image with relevant keywords or text, and link to wherever you found it (if non image-search).

eg:

not smart, chagrin, burning cup noodle

9 Likes

what's a jpeg

17 Likes

Useful books
never trust pig
beat disease

jesus loggins

13 Likes

Poseur
fake brick?
cool kid

5 Likes

Thanks for this!

How we all feel sometimes:

Bayard Rustin does not approve of you:

An excellent Malcolm X quote, which I tend to use often regarding newspapers and punching up/down issues:

15 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

I don’t know why I hold on to this shit, but at least now I can close that tab.

20 Cognitive Biases That Screw Up Your Decisions

EDIT: Huh. I thought I had more of that. I invite anyone who wants to fill in the blanks…

9 Likes

Gladly. Two of the more frusterating ones:

Dunning-Kreuger: People who are bad at stuff are usually so bad they don’t even know they’re bad to the point of thinking they’re good, while people who are good at stuff know their limitations and have less confidence than the idiots.

Sunk Costs Fallacy: spending a lot of money or resources on something that’s constantly broken or doesn’t work, in the belief that once you get it to work, it’ll all pay off, and that walking away from a losing proposition you’ve already put money into is a waste.

The sunk costs fallacy ought to easily be countered with the common wisdom of “cut your losses and give up”, but like the anchoring bias, once you get on the train it’s hard to get off.

6 Likes

Here’s one that’s slightly more complete:

12 Likes

Here’s one that’s even completer-er

13 Likes

A favourite of mine. The shocked koala.

15 Likes

Unusual words posterized http://www.webdesigndev.com/20-unusual-words-turned-posters/

zugzwang

biblioclasm

cacodemonomania

7 Likes

Courtesy @milliefink:

“Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” -James Baldwin

“I love America more than any other country in the world and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her.” -James Baldwin

10 Likes

Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide It must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays.

Matrix Agent Smith

5 Likes

Not necessarily multipurpose…

10 Likes

Link to @timquinn’s post on logical fallacy sportsball pics

8 Likes

hitler youth

6 Likes

Just a friendly reminder to keep things in perspective.
The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.
cause of and solution to all the worlds problems

9 Likes

Some responses to your various flavors of BB posts…
weirdo

if i only had a brain
you're alarming
reasonable
swell day
dorkbot
stupid is as stupid does

14 Likes