Con artist busted for scamming 35 women for birthday gifts by pretending to be in a serious relationship with each of them

Originally published at: Con artist busted for scamming 35 women for birthday gifts by pretending to be in a serious relationship with each of them | Boing Boing

3 Likes

May an eternal lake of fire be in his near future. Ahole.

8 Likes

“Miyagawa had reportedly met the single women while selling them hydrogen shower heads…”

It sounds like fake relationships weren’t the only scam he was working.

13 Likes

The captions in English were terrible, but I gather he was mainly working a multi-level marketing scam, and tacked on the dating scam for good measure.

6 Likes

Maybe he just really likes birthday cakes and it got out of control? Or other things that often happen on birthdays between mature adults?

So he’s a scumbag, and not a good boyfriend, but why is this a crime?

?

7 Likes

Ah, the on-suit in the Hilton Hotel, Flint, Michigan.

1 Like

It may have only reached the level of criminality (a con-game) based on the number of victims, that is to say, one may get away with being simply “a scumbag and not a good boyfriend” after one or two victims, but thirty-five victims who lost money under apparently false pretenses? Sounds like a scam… and some jurisdictions take that seriously.

3 Likes

Plus the junk the girlfriends were conned into purchasing.

2 Likes

A harbinger of the 31st century!

1 Like

Apparently a “real” thing.

1 Like

hydrogen shower head

another scam. everyone, but everyone, knows the real value (and profit) is in unobtanium or vibranium shower heads…

Oh, and, this might be the right time to mention: it’s my birthday tomorrow!

That’s right ma’am, Hydrogen shower heads clean the parts that other shower heads miss. Allow me to demonstrate…

Would you buy a used shower head from this man? Probably.

Could actually use a quick blast of that for hair removal followed by the old school H2O.

One weird trick for clean hydrogen fuel cells.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.