Connecticut's undertaxed super-rich hedgies get "tax bills" from anti-cuts protesters

These days most McMansions I see aren’t just monstrously ugly; they’re also built on lots that were originally meant for houses half their size or less. That much house becomes even less appealing when your neighbor can lean out their window and reach in yours.

8 Likes

Well, that should solve the problem.

I’d be happy with just that solarium.

2 Likes

Environmental nightmares, too.

No proper eaves, shitty insulation and too much glass means the heating/aircon runs 24/7 every day. Lack of uncovered earth aggravates runoff problems, trashing waterways. No outdoor recreation area increases the use of consumer electronics; lack of good outdoor sunny areas increases energy-hog clothesdryer use; etc etc etc.

They’re the housing equivalent of a Hummer.

9 Likes

These people have so much money they don’t even SEE their neighbors from their house. And they are likely to have what amounts to a “real” mansion, nothing “Mc” about it. That’s for the “poor” people here in Renton WA that buy a $700K McMansion that just got built down the street from us. Priced at well over twice the average house in the neighborhood. A sign of the crazy/silly real estate market at you approach Seattle. I grew up in Norwalk CT and it is one of those working towns surrounded by NYC bedroom communities for the rich and famous.

3 Likes

That Cohen house might be fugly and shoddily-built (hard to tell looking down at the roofs, really) but nothing on an estate that size qualifies as a McMansion.

1 Like

This is just the primary address, mind you.

2 Likes

May I make a Modest Proposal, For Preventing The Rich People in Connecticut From Being A burden to Their Town or State, and For Making Them Beneficial to The Public…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.