Conservative Covid-19 expert Stella Immanuel says Biden and Gates downloaded their brains and have been replaced by demonic clones

It’s not a question of attractiveness, my impression was that her hair was a useful weapon in her fighting style:

6 Likes

That word is definitely being abused and mis-applied a lot these days. When you get this radical, it’s absurd to claim to be conservative.

10 Likes

A faulty demonic download would go some way to explaining Musk.

1 Like

Cool story, bro. Is it time to up your meds again?

2 Likes

Man, most people take learning about qualia zombies way better than this.

6 Likes

church-lady

8 Likes

or Columbia

2 Likes

Here we go… our enemies aren’t actually human… Fascism 101.

Oh? This sounds familiar, somehow… yep, John 3:15.

I think she has the terms ‘upload’ & ‘download’ bassackwards.

I’ll choose ‘grifter’ for $1000, Alex.

It sure is.

The word normalizes the obvious Fascists, Grifters, Traitors & other Death Cultists that have taken over the empty husk of the GOP.
It would be nice if those in the media stopped calling them by that term.

12 Likes

Not that I wanted to, but I listened to the stupid video. The text was intentionally misspelling words and misusing them to account for her accent. I don’t know if it was computer generated or someone typing it in, but it misrepresents what she said, and in some cases changed the context of what she said.

She’s still an idiot. An example, where this phrase comes out:

Because if you guess what’s gonna die in 20 years, why is he trying to kill us? Why is he trying to preserve the world if he’s living in 20 years? They have deceived him that he will live forever, that when he dies, they will clone him, but he will die or maybe he has already and he will go to Hell.

What she said was:

Because if you guess he’s going to die in 20 years, why would he try to kill us all? Why is he trying to preserve the world if he’s leaving it in 20 years? They have deceived him that he will live forever, that when he dies, they will clone him. But he will really die or maybe he already has, and he will go to Hell.

Adding:

Also, this brings up that whole “cryogenics / brain uploading / libertarian immortality dream” that is written about where the elite will be brain scanned and uploaded into a computer, only to be downloaded into new clones forever. I don’t think it’s an unfair statement to ask, if you believe in Christianity, what happens to the soul when you do this. And if the soul travels with one “life”, what is going to be in the bodies of the newly … minted? elite?

While this lady’s definitely not okay, there are real religious implications that we’re facing down the next hundred years, and the richest people in the world ARE heavily investing in technology companies that are offering moonshot projects to grant immortality.

4 Likes

Even if you don’t believe in Christianity, what happens to your consciousness when you do this?
I mean, this is where all this breaks down, really. We still don’t fully understand consciousness: not what gives rise to it or where it resides. This is the thing that always bothered me with the teleporters in Star Trek. Like…I think they’re just creating a copy of you, materializing that copy, and then killing the original you. So your consciousness…that thing that you sense as “ME”…that ceases to be, and is replaced by a copy. And it seems to me that even if we did fully understand the brain and neural networks and all that stuff, and figured out a way to “upload” all that to wherever…you still have this problem, right? YOU still die. YOU still cease to be. And I don’t think there’s any way around that. Unless, of course, this all turns out to be a simulation, and when we die, we wake up in our “real” bodies in the “real” world, which would probably turn out to be a simulation, too. Ok, I’m done.

5 Likes

A copy that was, fundamentally and completely… you. All your memories. All your thoughts active at the exact time you were transported. There’s no way to even know because for the “you” on the receiving end of the transporter (or the download), you’d just… know. You stepped into a transporter over there, you remember doing it, and you stepped out over here.

If you believe the consciousness cannot transfer this way, or at least not the original, then what DOES end up on the download/receiving side? Because clearly something does.

In Christianity, if it’s not a soul, the lists of what it can be are very, very small , and limited mostly to demons and angels.

3 Likes

Checks out.

1 Like

please tell me she is a comedian/satirist. Please?

2 Likes

Only to other people. To other people, that copy would be indistinguishable from you. But that doesn’t mean that your own internal sense of self transmits with that. From your point of view…you would just die.

5 Likes

Yup. This is why I can’t laugh at this bullshit. This is just justifying violence because “they’re not really human”.

adventure time table flip GIF

17 Likes

Her audience know that she has kangaroos loose in the top paddock, but if they can’t find anyone sane to provide them with Radio Rwanda, they’ll settle for what’s available.

6 Likes

Capgras delusions?

I think we can answer quite a lot of this.

I avoid discussing ‘the immortal soul’: it does not seem to be a useful hypothesis unless we can somehow detect it.

We cannot create intelligence, but we can make a program emulate most aspects of intelligence. If we trained some digital AI consciousness through its whole ‘childhood’, it could have a sense of ‘self’ arbitrarily close to our own.

Suppose we can halt this program, and copy it to another machine. There will be two copies with the same sense of ‘self’ up to the point when the copy was made. These two versions will be equally ‘real’ if the program is copied faithfully.

We are hopelessly analogue. There is no good way of digitally simulating two nerve cells accurately, let alone a whole brain. If you want your consciousness to live in the cloud, you probably have to be born there. Maybe we could train some AI to imitate one of us to an arbitrary degree, but that is not the same as taking a copy.

What happens to a destroyed copy? If the program is not running, it does not sense. If you really want to give yourself the creeps, maybe it goes to sleep, and never wakes.

5 Likes

cf6a6ab8a41c8a2c3c37808dc49ea8c0

17 Likes

Come on boingboing. Not once in that clip did she mention reptiles or robots. Demonic spirits are batshit crazy enough without putting words in her mouth.