Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1)

8 Likes

DuPage county, IL issued new COVID metrics today. New cases per 100,000 per week increased from 152 to 222, with a 62 percent increase in youth cases.

Despite this, the IHSA has decided to proceed with winter basketball. What could go wrong, amirite?

16 Likes

We try and get to Utah for vacation every so often and am glad that travel isnā€™t an option these days because Utah is going to be a real hot mess soon enough.

20 Likes

Was this not posted here?

13 Likes
12 Likes

Brazilian Health Minister Mr. Eduardo Pazuello, who has covid-19, has no date scheduled to leave hospital.

9 Likes

tenor(1)

giphy(1)

04dc1c5381c9fb3ef782523135e77263

18 Likes

My dad just turned 83 and by dog I want to be able to go see him before itā€™s too late. These assholes keep restarting the clock!

24 Likes
11 Likes

I hope you can meet your father soon and in good health. Iā€™m sorry for the whole situation.Sinto muito.

17 Likes

Soā€¦did 1/4 of the USA practically cheat their way through high school, and are finally getting caught out without any book smarts?

10 Likes

He is a mass murderer. He deserves the harshest sanction America allows.

ā€œWe know that there is a storm ahead of us, yet itā€™s not here,ā€ Ducey said. ā€œBut those simple guidelines of wearing a mask, washing our hands, being socially distanced and using common sense have served us very well to date.ā€

However, the governor doesnā€™t plan on imposing new safety restrictions to prevent further spread of COVID-19.

ā€œThe mitigation that weā€™ve put out, the plan we put into effect remains in effect. I am proud that Arizona is open, that our economy is open, that our educational institutions are open and our tourist destinations are open,ā€ Ducey said. ā€œWhile at the same time, we do have mitigation steps in place that have allowed us to protect lives while protecting livelihoods, and weā€™re gonna continue to do that.ā€

12 Likes
9 Likes

Australiaā€™s worst Covid state:

18 Likes

Iā€™m so jealous. I know you have your own political issues over there, but reading the ā€œperson on the streetā€ blurbs today about how people here in US are voting Trump because they canā€™t deal with anymore lockdowns i just want to shake them.
It didnā€™t have to be this way. The reason we have these ongoing restrictions is because our federal ā€œleadersā€ made this into a political thing.
I know everyone here knows this. Just venting. And baking. And drinkingā€¦

15 Likes

I made another batch of rosemary shortbread yesterday.

22 Likes
7 Likes

American Airlines Cuts 100,000 Flights in December Schedule ā€˜to Match Low Demandā€™

11 Likes

Good. Maybe it will be a little quieter from now on.

8 Likes

For all those who thought Covid would go away after the election, we had over 101,000 new cases today and over 1,100 deaths. Nope, try again.

25 Likes