Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 1).

Previous discussions:

4 Likes

Well, that’s 2 threads we’ve filled up. Shall we go for 3?

27 Likes

If more people wore masks we wouldn’t have filled 2…

Let’s go with “Hope Not”.

38 Likes

If we’d voted for the woman we probably wouldn’t have filled up one, and would be too busy going out to games to add much. Although we’d be so emasculated we’d probably be watching cricket, so there’s that.

12 Likes

18 Likes

College:

Primary schools:

Must not stop the murdering.

18 Likes

21 Likes
22 Likes

Well that can’t be true. I’m sure they would eventually learn from their mistakes like my county di…

Dammit, they’re right. If it wasn’t for being located in a deeply blue state with a ton of restrictions, i’d think there would be bodies being literally being piled up in the hospital parking lot.

16 Likes

At least one good news:

16 Likes

I’m just realizing something: most companies in the US (at least) basically make all of their money between Black Friday and Christmas. This means for a lot of companies probably haven’t felt the full brunt of coronavirus yet.

We haven’t seen a fraction of how bad the economic impact is yet. We’ve seen businesses impacted by shutdown closures, but we haven’t seen businesses hit by the fact that millions and millions of people aren’t buying Christmas gifts this year.

15 Likes

A well known and liked otolaryngologist in my hometown just died from COVID. He was 72 and still practicing.
It’s a small town where everyone knows everyone, so it really hurts to see people die because government decided it has more important priorites than their lives. Priorities like keeping schools open and banning abortion of unviable fetuses (which caused mass protests in whole Poland).

19 Likes

Emasculated or civilised? Seriously, though, if any American sports fans (who I assume you are parodying here) think cricket lacks spectacle or athleticism they should watch an IPL (Indian Premier League) game.

4 Likes

not surprising that counties that believe in Trump are also not stopping COVID

7 Likes

Let’s hope we don’t have to!

10 Likes

I am Sorry to know It. Sinto muito.

6 Likes

Thanks, when I was writing my last post I seriously had tears in my eyes. The most basic role of the government should be to protect all citizens, but they are failing so badly now.

12 Likes

Just curious, is Newscorp an anglophone-only cancer, or do they have their hook-lined suckers in any other countries?

1 Like

It seems to be limited to anglophone countries, luckily.

4 Likes
18 Likes