Cop fired for exposing department policy where cops have sex with prostitutes, then arrest them

I remember something happening like this (i.e. consummate the business transaction and then make the arrest), back in the '90s in Austin. It might have been this story (1996), but I remembered it happening a few years earlier than that, and at a parlor.

Word on the street is that he’s a jerk. wakachika wakachika

Ha ha rape is hilarious.

3 Likes

Indeed, by having no intent to actually pay the sex worker this seems like non consensual sex. But what prosecutor is going to protect a sex worker?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. If he did not pay her (hopefully her) it could be considered theft or rape by the officer. If he did pay her, did the department (taxpayer) pay for it? Lastly if he contracted a venereal disease, would it be covered under workers compensation? I know it sounds like I am joking, but I am not.

Wasn’t this a Key & Peele bit?

So long as the city claims this is a compliant procedure, I’d think yes. At which point, costing the workman’s comp system money, the government might actually crack down on this travesty.

It is hard to tell which is more effed up - this case of cops getting their rocks off then arresting sex workers (which seems like rape to me since consent was contingent upon payment), or the cases in New Orleans where cops solicit for oral sex then arrest the sex worker (no sex required) for “crimes against nature” which is a registered sex offense, treating prostitutes like rapists.

1 Like

'#OneGoodApple

1 Like

but cops are allowed to break the law all the time, there are laws against buying drugs and cops can buy drugs, and there are laws against murder and cops can murder - otherwise how would you bust people for buying drugs and getting murdered!?!

1 Like

Depends who you ask. And what laws.

That would involve needing to do actual work. What I prefer is combining police with public works, so that they are always out there cleaning and repairing municipal infrastructure. But if there’s an emergency or crime, they go address it. This seems more efficient and likely to solve real problems than having them wander around “looking for trouble”.

1 Like

Allegedly, Melvin van Peebles contracted gonorrhea while filming Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song and successfully applied for workman’s compensation for being hurt on the job.

If you have sex with a prostitute, but don’t pay them, is it still prostitution?

2 Likes

No. It’s rape.

If they’re not working at the time, then it’s good ol’ consensual sex.
If they are and you’re obtaining sex through fraud or deception, it’s rape.

3 Likes

As you’re probably aware, there was a school of thought not too long ago that advocated exactly this. The logic is that most crimes are solved by good community relations, not by detective work and fostering a sense of trust is an important step in bringing down crime rates and increasing crime reporting.

The UK government looked at this, thought “aha! Community relations mean less crime!” and brought in Community Support Officers. So now we have bobbies on the beat who are just as racist, just as likely to antagonise the local population thanks to their “us vs them” mentality, but now they are doubly resented because they come from the local community and because they have no powers of arrest.

Windows, however, remain broken, despite the presence of the Piss Patrol…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.