Cop who shot man in back laughed about adrenaline rush

Reading comments from white Americans on any website that covers these horrific acts reminds me that this isn’t a country of greatness, but assholes living in FoxNewsian denial of reality.

4 Likes

Your country is fucked. Cops are regularly killing citizens willy-nilly all over the country without repercussions or interference by other parts of the legal system. The PD in Tulsa apparently let people play cop for donations.

It’ just like in some third-world shithole just with better marketing ( i.e. Self delusional propaganda … and lots of flag-waving).

I remember the Amanda Knox trial in Italy. Lots of self- inflated comments by USians about the perceived shitty legal system in Italy and the superior justice system in the US. Makes you wonder if the ingrained superiority complex in the US is biting them in the ass - why change a system when you made yourself believe it’s “worlds best”?

6 Likes

Not disagreeing with most of what you wrote, but doesn’t the Italian legal system seem a bit shitty to you?

5 Likes

Whether it is or isn’t is beside the point @FFabian made.

For another example; I was recently “lucky” enough to be involved in a conversation with an American about Iran and the pending nuclear deal. With complete sincerity he opined that that was doomed to failure because Iran is ‘a theocracy that openly supports terrorism, has a history of a massive but secret nuclear weapons programme, and can’t be trusted to deal in good faith’.

That was when my irony meter broke.

11 Likes

Personally I don’t think they do enough to root out witches.

Perception is an interesting thing. In the Knox case and the Louise Woodward baby shaking one, it was fascinating (if predictable) to see the different ways the cases were seen in the US vs the UK.

I’m not arguing the point but doesn’t every country claim to have the best “x” when it comes to something they don’t like another country doing? Name one country’s justice system that works 100% of the time.

**Edit to clarify. I don’t believe the US has the best of anything, other than foods that will literally murder you (with a gun, because we do actually strap guns to everything).

2 Likes

It might be a bias from a foreigner but it seems to be a USian peculiarity to claim (real or not) to have/be “worlds best/biggest” healthcare/military/justice/freedom/etc - perhaps one of the reasons where the “ignorant USian” stereotype stems from.

2 Likes

This is completely unfair. I’m pretty sure our reputation for being ignorant is earned via heroic levels of abject stupidity.

9 Likes

Why couldn’t that just be him being uncertain what to do with the Taser? Leave it where it is? Move it close to the body? Put it back in my holster? Fuck, I don’t know, my head feels like it’s full of hot helium and angry bees, I just shot a guy dead and I think I fucked up.

Note, I’m not taking the policeman’s side, but we’re trying to figure out his intentions, I think this is one reasonable theory among several, based on what we know about people in general, and I don’t see anything in the video that contradicts it.

1 Like

Pro-US food: no rotten shark.

Con-US food: Guy Fieri

1 Like

That’s gotta be the closest thing to what I hope was happening in Slager’s head, if not leaning way into the “I just killed someone oh the horror” range. Just finished a discussion with a friend who suggested Slager simply walked into a garden variety murder of his own making and began fixing the scene to corroborate the story he’d tell later at the station.

2 Likes

Seriously. Can we deport Guy to another country? Or would subjecting other nations to his food be considered a war crime?

1 Like

All I’m saying is, don’t make us have to save you from the nazis again. jeez.

1 Like

If a TSA agent were to consider nervous laughter a sign of nefariousness boingboing would be all over that. Pot, kettle, black.

Man, I hope that was intended as sarcasm…

(technically, nervous laughter doesn’t come up until you click through to the full 92 point list, but…)

Also, as horrible as it may be, sometimes you need to laugh a bit. I offer this completely tasteless (yet strangely accurate) joke:

A guy applies for a job with the L.A.P.D.
Inspector says “These are the best qualifications I’ve ever seen, just
one more test before you get the job. Take this gun, go out and shoot
six black guys and a rabbit.”
Guy replies “Why the rabbit?”
Inspector says “Fantastic attitude, you’ve got the job!”

Let the hatemail flow!

5 Likes

Is this sarcasm? We already know he was confident he would get away with it before the video came out.

As to not having to answer questions for a few days, I just found this in the NYC annual firearms report:

In many instances—including nearly every instance in which a subject is killed or injured—the District Attorney will advise that any officer who fired should not be interviewed, in order to preserve the integrity of the Grand Jury process

Shitting on the “third world” hurts your argument in my eyes.

2 Likes

Yeah the police forces of most “developing nations” are totally being unfairly maligned. Bribery and corruption are just, like, part of their culture, man! Stop being so judgemental, @FFabian!