Cops chase innocent shoplifting suspect into stranger's house, then storm it with 50-person SWAT team and blow up every room except one

Overkill is overkill (though in the case of the aliens in Aliens, not so much I know… I was hyperbolizing).

1 Like

It’s “Greenwood Village,” Colorado, not “Greenwood,” and this incident happened in 2015.

3 Likes

This is insane. Every police officer involved with this fiasco should be executed (legally of course) and buried in an unmarked mass grave. It’s the only way to insure that future police behave properly.

3 Likes

No stolen clothing, but according to The Denver Post they got some other things. “When he was arrested, Seacat was in possession of two loaded handguns, a shotgun and a backpack stuffed with baggies of methamphetamine, heroin and other drugs, according to an arrest warrant…

While at the hospital, Seacat passed several more baggies of meth and heroin in feces, the warrant said.”

Certainly not worth trashing a person’s house. Cops today are looking for any excuse to use their military surplus equipment. And, naturally, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the items listed in the warrant were planted or falsified in order to justify their excessive force.

6 Likes

That sucks. Get this for your future rental properties:

733E5102-8D86-419D-873F-EB350BBA6F4E

13 Likes

If you barricade yourself in a house and shoot at police, you’re going to have a bad day.

4 Likes

Barney, put that *squints* grenade back in your pocket!

1 Like

I’m afraid the Zetas are small potatoes compared to American cops.

3 Likes

Dude, make them pay!

If it were my house, I would put that notion to the test and sue the city, the police department, and each individual police officer involved in that raid, as well as every supervisor up the chain and the chief, named personally; and if there were any other authorities involved either local or state, sue those entities as well as individuals all up and down the chain of command. That’s what I’d do. Even if I lost, I would make it hurt, bad for a long time. YMMV.

4 Likes

7 Likes

And if someone someone else breaks into your house and shoots at police? The problem isn’t that they arrested the dude, but that they blew up someone’s house in the process.

13 Likes

Then you have this:

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/20/563973584/videos-reveal-a-close-gory-view-of-police-dog-bites

I think it’s worthwhile noting that the police (per the audio report I heard the other day) use the German word for “bite” when commanding their dogs to snag suspects. Oh… and (if you can stand it) check out the wound inflicted on the leg of an innocent suspect.

6 Likes

I removed my comment here because it was just… plain… dumb.

She, and I was focusing on how Los Zetas became a gang after starting as law enforcement. The US cops seem to be heading down that route.

8 Likes

PLEASE accept my profound apologies.

:neutral_face:

BTW: Where I came from (NYC) the NY cops effectively started out as thugs; :

8 Likes

Or Predators, especially Predators…

Sure. But from the headline, you could be forgiven that they blew up some dudes house becasue of some other dude who didn’t shoplift. The truth is more interesting than that. But less sensational, and less effective in confirming an assumption of random excessive force by police (which does seem to be a thing). We do ourselves no favours by sensationalizing evidence of this. It’s also unnecessary. We simply lose credibility.

4 Likes

You should have saved the police time and money by killing the intruder yourself? Cause this is America and we all own guns…right?

5 Likes

My mistake. I was thinking inside the box of an American and former Angeleno perspective that prevented me from seeing your point about Los Zetas from a Mexican perspective. The parallels are indeed disturbing. Thank you for elucidating.

6 Likes

Hey, it’s about the destination, not the journey. Totes worth it!

4 Likes