Cops in small MA town warn about roving rap-battle challengers

Ingenious! It will only encourage those seeking to prove their skills to venture to this land and test themselves against those who sought to restore, um, silence. Soon Charlton becomes the rap capital of the nation! In the top floor of the tallest building, the Grand Champion secludes himself! And so on.

2 Likes

As long as there was no confrontational snapping, I fail to see what the problem is.

8 Likes

Oh word? “Abduction attempt”? I get it now: 5-0 was afraid a buncha total herbs was gunna “bite somebody’s steez.”

3 Likes

This is way better than those roving bands of barbershop singers, confronting people with demands that they “lay down some tags.”

10 Likes

Things That Frighten Police (updated 3/17/2016)

Blinking LEDs
Cameras
Black/Brown adults and children
Direct eye contact
Breasts
Lyft
Peaceful protests
Halloween
Lesbians
Imaginary Black/Brown people
Puppies
Turtles
Rap Battles

24 Likes

Once I was working on a project that involved a spinning 8mm shaft. The sample bearings I had ordered were all crap, and I was on a deadline and getting desperate.
Then, when driving to the supermarket, I noticed two boys skateboarding in an empty car-park. The figurative “light bulb” illuminated over my head, and I turned in, drove over to where they were, and asked where the good skateboard shop in town was. They told me, I drove there, I bought a set of skateboard wheel bearings, I returned to the lab, the bearings were perfect.
When asked about the source of the great bearings, I related this story, and to a person all of my colleagues said something like “you can’t just drive up to children and ask them questions! You’ll get arrested!”

13 Likes

i can’t believe the ignorance in this post, haven’t any of you seen “straight outa charlton”?

8 Likes

Better an Orange than an Athol.

(please note its proximity to Orange)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Mr. B is my favorite. Although Professor Elemental recorded a “hello” message to me after my friend got to meet him.

2 Likes

This happened to me and I let it slip. I felt bad about it for a while but it didn’t do any good dwelling on it, and I think I have a healthy outlook these days. Oh great what is this weird stain on my sweater?

2 Likes

http://www.epicrapbattlesofhistory.com/

2 Likes

You can’t just throw that out there and not post the video.

1 Like

They Wish

1 Like

Cops nowadays are such wimps. When I was young, a solitary punk rocker could toss an electric guitar off the top of a tenement and cause a pile-up in an intersection.

2 Likes

Sure, today it’s just poetry in the street, but if you don’t nip this thing in the bud there could be dancing :frowning:

3 Likes

If this documentary is any indication. I believe that this sort of thing has been going on for centuries in varied parts of the world.

1 Like

Why were the boys scared?

Sadly Oliver Wendell Holmes, T S Eliot and Robert Lowell are all dead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.