In 1992, El Paso Police Department rapped about the dangers of gang involvement

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/14/in-1992-el-paso-police-depart.html

3 Likes

So the main danger is cops carrying and using hanging nooses. Checks out.

1 Like

Even now, watching this has forced me to reconsider my life of crime.

Blood in, blood out, yo.
Now you have to watch a pro-gang stance video that’s equally horrible.

4 Likes

How completely unfair. Where are the showtunes about white collar crimes? This is just more bias and racism against white people.

watching this has forced me to reconsider my life of crime.

So, no more photoshopping? :cry:

5 Likes

This just makes me want to commit more crimes.

1 Like

I mean gangsta rap is a whole thing…

1 Like

1992 was awfully late in the trend of awkward white people rapping trying to appeal to youth.

This may be the moment that wypipo realized that talking normally to young people works better than rapping badly.

Maybe an anthropologist can chime in.

2 Likes

For your consideration

Support your local enforcement agency

Everyone was trying to rap in the early 90s… little old white ladies, members of the revolting cocks, labor unions… I was working on a archive transcript of the Machinist union once, and they seriously made a rap video…

3 Likes

If the cops promised to do a painful whiteguy rap the entire way to the station that could deter crime. Probably illegal under the 8th amendment though.

Wow…there’s so, so, so much wrong here. Let’s start with the over-arcing major key public domain vaguely-reggae-sounding elevator track. Ya know what? Let’s just stop there.

In 1992, El Paso Police Department rapped about the dangers of gang involvement

They know whereof they speak. They are a gang.

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.