Cops slash dozens of car tires, then lie about why they did it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/09/cops-slash-dozens-of-car-tires.html

12 Likes

defund this criminal organization.

50 Likes

Is it just me, or does this seem like Minn. PD might be “acting out” due to the defunding talks? Curious to see if Minneapolis addresses this. It’s like the police are doubling down on being criminal.

46 Likes

wE DiD It fOr yOuR SaFeTY, NoW tHaNk uS fOr ProTeCTinG yOu oR It GeTs the PePPeR SpRAy AgAIn. /s

34 Likes

84 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion of “Defund the Police” slogan

I guess this is one of the things they still think they can blame on other people, despite the ubiquity of cell phone cams. And one of the many things they think they can still get away with, despite being caught on camera. Hopefully not anymore.

10 Likes

The cops also said they disabled cars that “contained items used to cause harm during violent protests”

So they left the dangerous items there then. OK…

21 Likes

So this is obviously flagrant vandalism. And since it was done to a vehicle, it’s a felony. Why aren’t the cops arresting these criminals?

…oh…that’s why.

43 Likes

Historically, being caught on camera hasn’t resulted in much punishment. Hard to break old habits?

15 Likes

Even if we can’t defund or reorganize them from the ground up…if that turns out to be nigh impossible. Then at the very least REPEAL qualified immunity. This way all the videos of them doing the shit they know they aren’t supposed to do can at least lead to actual consequences.

JHC. They know everyone is recording them and they give zero fucks because of the immunity bullshit some idiots decided was a good idea.

27 Likes

I see no slashing but a lot of stabbing.

6 Likes

What’s scary about defunding cops is how well-armed police departments are. They’re likely to take it upon themselves to physically defend their power.

7 Likes

I’m reminded of the difference between peace officers and pigs. Fire the fucking pigs, and hire the POs. One educated and highly trained officer is more effective than any number of these fascist bully-boys.

17 Likes

human garbage, think about how deeply you’d have to turn off any regard for another person to do things as destructive as this

I don’t get the defund argument, it will never win because the left does this every time, get an inch of movement so instead of a concise list of change, instead go for the most extreme possible answer that 2/3rd of the voters will never bother to try to understand or accept - same thing with the 3rd or 4th rescue package from congress, they threw the damn kitchen sink in there and slowed it down to hell

just dissolve the entire department, fire all of them, so their “fraternal order” of psychopaths loses all dominance

meanwhile you hire a new department with proper screening and policy

other towns with far more crime have done it successfully

7 Likes

They are slashing the wrong car tires…

On and on…

33 Likes

I really don’t see any logical, legitimate value in police doing this, and their stated reasoning is so obviously flawed they can’t really expect people to buy it.

I think the police know just how divided the country is, and realize they can get away with almost anything as long as they provide some rationale that the right wing can latch onto. “If we didn’t slash deflate those tires, millions of cute puppies would have died!”

16 Likes

“Those tires were throwing improvised explosive devices at us! We had to respond in self-defense.”

15 Likes

I hope they had their bodycams running. Not that I expect the department to release the footage, but it would be amazing if it leaked. Just minute after minute of a guy walking around a parking lot slashing tires because tires don’t fight back.

7 Likes

I guess vandalism is permissible if police are the one’s engaged in it.

11 Likes

At this point, we might as well take all the non-violent offenders in the US prison system and have them trade places with the police. It’s hard to imagine the results being any worse.

14 Likes