Colorado deputy shoots and kills man who popped an anti-anxiety pill

Originally published at: Colorado deputy shoots and kills man who popped an anti-anxiety pill | Boing Boing

14 Likes

If The Punisher actually existed, he would be taking out as many murdering cops as he does mafia dons. This is appalling.

51 Likes

Goddammit those cops need the electric chair.

“I have anxiety around cops because they treat me unfairly” then cops proceed to justify all his fears.

41 Likes

Hopefully the body cam footage results in federal civil rights charges for this murderer, despite the POS DA trying to sweep it under the carpet.

43 Likes

the shit that has become normal in our times…

38 Likes

tenor

26 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

22 Likes

History Lesson GIF by Minority Report

23 Likes

How. How the fuck? How was even pulling him from the car justified because he put something in his mouth? Was that somehow a danger to them? Did they think he had taken something that might have been a danger to himself… as justification to threaten his life? (It wouldn’t be the first time, for cops to use someone’s potentially self-harming behavior as a justification to murder them.) He was on the ground, unarmed, but at worst not actively assisting in being cuffed (or roughed up), so they thought the appropriate response was to shoot him? Everything about this is insane, yet it’s still considered “justified,” which is the crowning insanity. One can try to write this off as due to “bad apples,” but that completely falls apart when the system declares that this is all fine.

62 Likes

There’s yet another cold-blooded murder that the police have investigated and determined they did nothing wrong. Maybe we should not let the police investigate themselves anymore?

37 Likes

"One bad apple spoils the barrel,: is how the phrase goes, and it’s perfectly accurate. As long as nothing is done to get rid of the bad apples, then ALL of the police are just as bad. ACAB.

30 Likes

Running seems to have a better chance of survival at this point than complying.

14 Likes

“Why are you acting strange?”

I think the strange thing is to put three bullets in the chest of a man who is in no way a danger to you, just because you mad because you think he swallowed some illegal drug to hide it. Fucking pig.

36 Likes

unfortunately, this is normal shit. it’s only that more people have become aware of it in our times.

if there hadn’t been video, we wouldn’t be learning of it now.

29 Likes

Yeah, everyone using the “bad apples” proverb to excuse police misconduct ironically use it in the opposite of its intended (and appropriate, when talking about police) meaning. And worse, it’s not just that nothing is done to remove the “bad apples,” but that the whole system is designed to attract and retain them at the expense of any non-bad apples.

20 Likes

American police are a violent self-fulfilling-prophecy, they create the situations that cause them to justify getting violent.

21 Likes

Yup. Have you seen the videos of UK police subduing even knife armed people w/o firing a shot? It can be done w/o loss of life or even severe injury to anyone. US police quickly escalate situations to the point of deadly force.

13 Likes

The deputies were later cleared of wrongdoing,

What in the actual fuck?

18 Likes

THIS!!!

Wrongdoing everywhere here. HOW THE FUCK?

19 Likes

Maybe it’s my Mennonite genetics, but to me the term “justified” can never be applied to killing. Yet another reason why I don’t see myself visiting the US any time in the foreseeable future.

10 Likes