Corona virus SARS-CoV 2 and Covid-19 information resources

So, here I go with my PSA:

I invite everyone to contribute similar information from their own areas.

If you are in Germany and feel sick, or you have questions regarding the pandemic, use public and validated sources.

I don’t say this easily, but governmental sources and health authorities are fucking to be trusted (at the moment, and around here).

The non-emergency medical on-call service for Germany is 116 117. The emergency number is 112. Don’t ever call 112 if you are not in an emergency. The line was blocked during the last weeks at least two times and I got emergency warnings not to call unless in an emergency via NINA, the official app for catastrophe warnings. This is really bad, because people who are in an emergency cannot get through.

The Ministry of Health number is 030 346 465 100.

You can find advice on how you can avoid spreading the infection to others on the websites of German Ministry of Health (the English version is updated daily), the World Health Organisation, and the European Centre for Disease Control.

You can finde information in Turkish, Polish, French, Italian, Greek, Croatian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Farsi, Chinese and Arabic about the Coronavirus in Germany at the governmental immigration office website.

Germany also provides a free hotline available 24 hours a day for women experiencing domestic violence at 08000 116 016.

The independent patient advice service for Germany is 0800 011 77 22.

The latter is a public consultancy financed by all health insurances in Germany, and currently run by for-profit company. However, their advice is sound, and without government interference (if you are a libertarian, a neo-liberal or have any other reason to be suspicious about the government… :kissing_heart:).

Consultants are available by telephone to answer your questions in German, Turkish, Russian and Arabic. You can reach them at the following numbers:

** Turkish consultation:** [0800 011 77 23] (tel: 0800 011 77 23)

Russian consultation: [0800 011 77 24] (tel: 0800 011 77 24)

Arabic consultation: [0800 33 22 12 25] (tel: 0800 33 22 12 25)

I know we have a massive topic (thanks, @docosc) with current info about the pandemic.

However, I though to de-clutter and collect some info for people who are not able to read through more than 4000 posts, but still came to BB BBS to find some help.
I know there are some.

I also know there are some expats here. Others may know people who are in Germany right now. Maybe some citizens of other countries are even stranded here (or decided to stay because, well, Germany isn’t the worst place to be right now). So, please pass this on.

I invite everyone to share more resources from Germany, I will have missed some.

If you are in a region where the government already lost credibility, or never had it, I encourage you to use the resources I posted, if possible. Also, if you do have resources which are to be trusted, please post them.

Please refrain from posting any non-verified sources, any stuff circulating on social media without getting to the original sources, and in fact any direct advice.

I want this to be lean. I want this to be helpful. Please, please, please help me with that.

If YOU see any post here causing doubts about the quality of resources mentions: please flag it. And pm me, if you want. Ken is usually really, really fast. And he needs all the help we can give him.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Robert Koch-Institut (RKI)

Homepage
https://www.rki.de/DE/Home/homepage_node.html

COVID-19 (Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2)
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV_node.html

SARS-CoV-2 Steckbrief zur Coronavirus-Krankheit-2019 (COVID-19)
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Steckbrief.html

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.