Cosey Fanni Tutti pays tribute to electronic music pioneer Delia Derbyshire on new album

Originally published at: Cosey Fanni Tutti pays tribute to electronic music pioneer Delia Derbyshire on new album | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Is there some subterfuge going on here or am I just suspicious about crap PR terminology?

serves as the official soundtrack to Caroline Catz’ acclaimed 2020 film of the same name,

What does ‘serves as’ mean? (If it has been past tense - ‘served as’ - that might have been clearer.) Is it or isn’t it the soundtrack to that film? Is it part of the soundtrack, part of the soundtrack with other stuff added, is it the whole soundtrack, is it the whole soundtrack with other stuff added?

Well, according to NME…

Additionally, the upcoming album will feature a range of “audio explorations and experiments” that eventually led Fanni Tutti to the final soundtrack for the Delia Derbyshire film.

Will the soundtrack pieces be clearly shown as such and the additional pieces also so flagged?

But as to the original film - highly recommended.

I read that as “music we made, which wasn’t intended as a soundtrack, but served as one.”

Compare to (say) tentpole blockbusters where the soundtrack cues are taken from a projected cut or edited to fit. This may be more “sounds we’re playing on the sound-track.”

1 Like

Quite possibly.

And I checked IMDB and there’s this…

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 20.48.30

This is exciting! Goes straight on my xmas list!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.