Cougar visiting Oregon hotel drugged, then killed

I was there in 1997 and 2017. It’s definitely a suburb now.

Proof: I could get a good coffee in 2017!

1 Like

90 miles upstream, in Oregon, is the same as ‘next town over’ in the Northeast Corridor.

3 Likes

Wow, who knew that two breweries constituted “full of twee artisanal brewpubs” (Sedition & Freebridge) Perhaps you’re thinking of Hood River? They’re full of knitted shorts and beard contests (only half kidding)

I got dinner at Clock Tower Ales, but driving through downtown, I saw several other places like that’s, not just two.

Having any bar that’s not a dive with tweakers fighting in the parking lot and local kids huffing glue out back is a big change from 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Having a third beer on tap (other than Coors Light and Sierra Pale Ale) is a big change.

1 Like

The cougar’s last words: “I just wanted a beer and some chicken strips.”

3 Likes

TrumpNo

1 Like

You clearly have a lot of technical knowledge on this issue, but surely your choice of words here can be improved? The word has specific implications that a tamed animal does not meet. Wild big cats can be tamed, but not actually domesticated. Ask Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy, or any of the other “trainers” mauled by their cats.

I confess have no idea of the provenance of this story, just liked the headline.

I honestly don’t think housecats really qualify as domesticated either. They’re tame and small enough to only deal limited damage, and are fully capable of taking care of themselves in the wild.

4 Likes

In my experience some definitely yes, some not so much, and are more suited to being animate sofa cushions.

2 Likes

Ah.

Mines a cold blooded killer. We can’t get him to relax at all. He’s an outdoor cat trapped indoors.

3 Likes

Yeah we had one like that. He passed a couple years ago, but bagged a squirrel even as he was circling the drain. He was badass till the end, and always just nice enough to us that we kept providing him food and a warm home. He hated me, if he was being nice I knew the food bowl was empty. The one we have left is a fat dumbass who has no idea what to do on the few occasions he’s managed to surprise a squirrel.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.