Count to ten thousand! (Part 1)

That’s actually not 1005 but 1500. :stuck_out_tongue:
[ducks and covers]
[peeks out]
Actually, anywhere between 1425 and 1575, the gold bar specifies 5% tolerance.
[crawls back in, deeper]

7 Likes

hehe, called it, that one doesn’t count!

On the second look, it can as well be 15,000. The orange and red sometimes look unergonomically similar. And in this case there even isn’t the problem with the base color of the resistor interfering with insufficiently opaque paint and ruining the hues. Pretty difficult to say what color it is without a reference in the form of the other color.
Better check with a multimeter.
Gods, how I hate the color barcodes… (…unless I mix the critical in-between hues myself…)

1 Like

1005 Thick Film Chip Resistor

1 Like

1005 is metric size. Usually 0402 is used instead. Such tiny ones are unpleasant to work with, you barely see them and if you drop it into the carpet, forget about finding it again. 0603 is more tweezers-friendly, I use 0805 if I can get away with it; also, these nicely fit between the pins of 0.1" pitch chips, good e.g. when you are next to a power pin and need a pullup. 1206 is big like a cow and takes too much of board real estate, avoid unless you need the voltage or power dissipation rating.

If I was not in a generous mood, I’d grumble something about cheating. :stuck_out_tongue:

…try 10 megaohms, in either color or number notation. Pick the higher-resolution 1%-or-less set, E96 or E192, which marks the value as 1005, not as 106.

1 Like

lol, good enough for me but then, I don’t electronics.

http://allpoetry.com/poem/5023125-One-Thousand-and-Seven-by-RememberMe

One Thousand and Seven

I’ve read this book
one thousand and seven times
and if you write that out,
Everyone ends up dead
they shiver violently
and then you shine your eyes at me and
then we end up dead.

© Scott R. Heidinger. All rights reserved, 5 years ago

2 Likes

http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~harsch/lusitana/Cronologia/seculo11/Doc1008/doc_1008.html

1 Like

I miss my Dual turntable:

1 Like

(A radio receiver branded with the name of a Nazi “labor union”–the Deutsche Arbeitsfront. Apparently, intact models have a big swastica on the front, and the model number commemorates a speech given on 10 November).

1 Like

10¹² | TERRA

Bomo Ka Rahasya - Episode 1013

A few youngsters find the body of a woman across the road from a busy mall. When investigated further, that the woman had stabbed herself, while a nearby tea-stall owner says that she was being shadowed by a white van. Could this conspiracy be larger than just suicide? Watch this episode to find out
1 Like

A 13-by-13 cube. That’s 1014 tiles.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-rubik-s-cube-on-steroids--the-pillow-iq-brick-is-is-made-from-over-1k-blocks-143155903.html

3 Likes

4 Likes

View from room 1016 - Picture of Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Honolulu - TripAdvisor

This photo of Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is courtesy of TripAdvisor

2 Likes

NSFW but suitable for Awful Song Thread!

1 Like

Check out that Autotune!

2 Likes

2 Likes