editing to:

3 Likes

I can’t do anything right.

4 Likes

my life in a nutshell

we’re back on track

2 Likes

2 Likes

what was wrong with @bunkyboar’s 6046 entry? the game is about numbers, not images with numbers

but anyway, the thread is forked now ; )

1 Like

What we’re doing here is mechnical-turking the image bank for a CAPTCHA style program. Get with the programme!

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

whoa, jumped the gun a bit

3 Likes

I… don’t know how this works.

2 Likes

n=n+1

Was going to post a lot of apple ii nostalgia, but, that’sseveral hundred posts to go.

[quote]
PubChem CID: 6054
Chemical Names: 2-PHENYLETHANOL; Phenethyl alcohol; Benzeneethanol; Benzyl carbinol; Phenylethyl alcohol; 60-12-8 More…
Molecular Formula: C8H10O or C6H5CH2CH2OH
Molecular Weight: 122.167 g/mol
InChI Key: WRMNZCZEMHIOCP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
Drug Information: Therapeutic Uses FDA UNII
Safety Summary: Laboratory Chemical Safety Summary (LCSS)
2-PHENYLETHANOL is an antimicrobial, antiseptic, and disinfectant that is used also as an aromatic essence and preservative in pharmaceutics and perfumery…[/quote]
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/2-phenylethanol

3 Likes

1 Like

Here’s the one I screwed up on earlier.

I have no reason to own one of these, but I covet it immensely. Some of the catalog copy:

The desired strip length is set on the measuring scale on the left-hand side of the dispenser in a range from 30 to 150 mm. The tesa® tape is unrolled by hand until the measuring roller prevents further tape to be dispensed. By pulling the tape gently downwards, the electromagnetic cross cutter is trigged via a microswitch. The desired strip is automatically cut for use. A single movement of the hand is, therefore, sufficient for unrolling, cutting and removing a tesa® strip of predetermined length. For strip longer than 150 mm, the measuring roller is switched to continuous operation. The tesa® automatic dispenser 6056 is equipped with a control unit to adjust the impact force of the electromagnetic cutter. Set a lower impact force for tapes which are easy to cut, such as filmic tapes of smaller widths, to minimize impact noise and dispenser strain.

This is apparently the kind of device you can’t just buy, but you need to have a conversation with a sales rep, because I can’t find a price anywhere.

[edit]
Polish cost of 2811 zloty = $683 USD

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like