Cow gives man bird flu

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/02/cow-gives-man-bird-flu.html

4 Likes

Maybe this is meant as a joke, but I don’t think that brand of milk is any more or less likely to be contaminated with a virus.

5 Likes

Unrelated to the article, but that is a pretty thumbnail image.

1 Like

Oh, are people just going to accept that viruses jump from animals now? We don’t need dozens of articles insisting we thoroughly consider the hypothetical that it could have been created by bioengineers first? Huh, wonder why the difference. :thinking:

4 Likes

Pasteurized milk should be safe. More concerned about aerosol spread, and the potential for it to develop the ability to transmit human-to-human. But, I mean, that’s not something we need to worry about with influenza, right?

8 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here. I guess it’s good that someone is helping Coca-Cola recover after the $21 million settlement over falsely advertising that their milk was sourced from humanely treated cows. Someone has to think of welfare of the poor mega corporations, after all and it will never be me.

Could have been worse - the bird could have contracted man ‘flu from the cow.

Flu flew through feathered flyers to fix on a few fatted calves.

(Could not think of a synonym for cattle beginning with F, sadly).

2 Likes

Friesians?

Hair Wind GIF

4 Likes

D’oh!

Of course!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.