Coyotes would massacre zombies, especially up east

+1 or -1 item?

2 Likes

Did one of the other threads explain why wildlife suddenly starts attacking zombies when they don’t already attack humans? Are they attracted to moaning or something?

2 Likes

i tend to think vultures would attack zombies when they don’t attack humans because zombies would smell like decomposition.

Zombie Eaters: The Series

1 Like

With a clever soundtrack. Edgar Wrightian hilarity ensues.

Who isn’t attracted to the moaning???

3 Likes

Man, it’s a wonder there are even any zombies around! I think we need to start one of those White House petitions to get zombies listed as an endangered species…

3 Likes

These posts are ridiculous as they all assume that the animals in question would respond to an animate corpse in the same manner as they would with an inanimate corpse. I can see no reason to jump to such a conclusion since there are no animate corpses walking about to test such a theory. The coyote or vulture could flee in terror once the cadaver was walking about.

during the late 60s and early 70s, before the screwworm eradication efforts, the new world screw worm fly would lay its eggs in any soft flesh it could find. the umbilical cord of newborn calves was one spot the flies often chose when it was available. the larvae would eat and destroy the flesh of the calves and cause parts of the calves’ bellies to rot while they were alive. i’ve seen vultures sitting on living calves, slowed down by the infestation and infection but walking around with vultures perched on them eating the rotting flesh from their bellies. i doubt vultures would flee in terror from a zombie just because it was moving around.

2 Likes

Sick calves are herbivores and don’t have arms and hands to grab a vulture and chew on it or apparently the energy to put up a fight. A sick calf makes a poor zombie analog. Try again.

if you really want to get picky about it, forget about the predator and scavenger animals and think microorganisms., given the absence of an immune system and a living body’s healing mechanisms it won’t take very long for zombies to decompose in climates above 10°c.

FTFY: If you really want to get picky about it …human corpses don’t walk around biting people.

Decomposition, eh? You think maybe that’s why zombies are portrayed as to be decomposing? Brilliant, but you’re apparently the last person to think of that. Since we’re talking about fiction anyway; whatever causes the zombie infection may fend off other bacteria and slow or alter the decay process but it’s hardly necessary to mention since zombies are obviously rotting already. Just as in any “life cycle” the zombie host will eventually “die” but the relevant issue is how many new zombies it can create before it rots. If a 5000 year old mummy can walk around killing people then a zombie has a shelf life of more than a few days to be sure…

…possibly years…

“When buried six feet down, without a coffin, in ordinary soil, an unembalmed adult normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton.”

I read “when buried […] without coffee” and thought a rather long time about the implications of dead bodies on caffeine.

Need sleep (or coffee).

what if there were no hypothetical questions?

3 Likes

Screw worm eradication: Thank you Edward F. Knipling and radiation sterilization. (Also continued federal investment.)

1 Like

zombie vs. fire ants.
fire ant zombies.

The Bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain
by Edgar Allan Poe

THE thousand bananas of Cory Doctorow I had borne as I best could,
but when he ventured upon steampunk I vowed revenge.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.