Croatia's Kuna to be replaced with Euro when it joins Eurozone tomorrow. The old money's good until Jan 14, 2023

Originally published at: Croatia's Kuna to be replaced with Euro when it joins Eurozone tomorrow. The old money's good until Jan 14, 2023 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Went through that process in Italy, can’t say I view it particularly positively.

1 Like

It went without a hitch in Germany

2 Likes

Yeah, because Germany is using the Euro to do everything it couldn’t during WW2 :stuck_out_tongue:

In places with good economies (definitely something Germany had and Italy did not) it works great, looking at whether Crotia resembles Germany or Italy more, let’s just say it won’t go that well.

1 Like

Last time I was in Croatia, it seemed like it was already on the Euro.

2 Likes

Good point, since the establishment of the Euro 24 years ago (1.1.1999) the Kuna has been pegged to it, and the Euro has been accepted in Croatia for awhile now, but today marks the day the Kuna died and the Euro is “the” official currency there now.

4 Likes

I’m sure there are always some exceptions to the rule. This scene is fiction, but it plays so well in German ~ no exceptions!

But man, Marko Marulić had amazing hair! The original Marky Mark!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.