592eb63e129b3b5519ea85c768d10a1a5b0fc683_2_690x286

2 Likes

wonrg_0

6 Likes

Buy the dips’ dip.

3 Likes

Dead coin walking.

4 Likes

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Narcotics Anonymous

3 Likes

TCAF (the Toronto comic arts festival)!which is quite famous for being a showcase of indie comics artists has made an NFT creator (I hesitate to use the word artist) one of their special guests this year. The comments on the Twitter announcement say more about this than I can, but as if it’s not bad enough that the NFTs are kinda ugly and the fact that NFTs are a scam, the creator seems to be an idiot with contempt for other non-professional artists. It’s an embarrassment to the event to say the least. Here’s one of her stupid Twitter posts disparaging artists:

In another post she accused anyone criticizing her for being mentally ill.
Check out the other comments here:

1 Like

I’ll say. All the rotten cabbage and tomatoes being thrown kind of makes me miss being on twitter. Sounds like the creator’s accused of racism & transphobia too. At any rate, the TCAF heeded the backlash and withdrew the invitation, which is good. They cited plagiarism as the reason (perfectly valid reason), but no mention of NFT/crypto. They asserted no financial shenanigans were/are taking place.

4 Likes

Wow!!!

4 Likes

Tech experts urge Washington to resist crypto industry’s influence

Computer scientists and academics target US lawmakers in effort to counter well-financed lobbying efforts

FT June 1, 2022 link via Archive.today

Harvard lecturer Bruce Schneier, former Microsoft engineer Miguel de Icaza and principal engineer at Google Cloud Kelsey Hightower, are among 26 leading computer scientists and academics who have signed a letter delivered to US lawmakers heavily criticising crypto investments and blockchain technology.

The original letter is here:

https://concerned.tech

Coverage really varies, but the authors of the letter seem to like the FT article.

3 Likes

Good!

5 Likes

A good article on disastrous amounts of energy wasted by Bitcoin:
https://rollen.io/blog/crypto-climate/

4 Likes
3 Likes

The distance between crypto fraud and “normal” crypto is the taint.

8 Likes

No longer bored. No longer own yachts.

10 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

6 Likes

15 Likes

Those NFTs are worth millions in precisely the same way that T***p is a billionaire.

5 Likes

So - a huge tax break, I guess?

“In the United States, futures contracts are subject to the 60/40 rule. This advantageous tax treatment also applies to day trades and is broken down into two parts:

• 60% profits – taxed as long-term capital gains
  • 40% profits – taxed as short-term capital gains

What this means is that 60% of the gains are subject to the long-term capital gains rate which is 15%, while 40% of the gains are subject to the short-term rate of 35%. Some critics feel that the 60/40 rule tends to be too arbitrary, particularly when compared to stocks, which are taxed at the short-term capital gains rate of 35%. However, there has not been enough of a push to do away with it for any action to be taken that would end it.“

6 Likes