Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

This is definitely the time to invest then. I’m sure I’ve got 5p lying around here somewhere…

2 Likes

Buy the dip!!! :wink:

2 Likes

13 Likes
6 Likes

Luna Foundation Tried to Prop Up Terra’s Crumbling Base With Billions in Bitcoin, But It Still Failed

7 Likes

Hilariously, the linked article was riddled with ads for cryptocurrency

8 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (12)

7 Likes

On Feb. 2, the city of Miami cashed out its cryptocurrency MiamiCoin for the first time, depositing $5.25 million into city coffers. Miami mayor Francis Suarez hailed it as a “historic moment” and predicted the cryptocurrency could one day even replace municipal taxes as the government’s primary source of funding.

MiamiCoin’s creator, an organization called CityCoins, has been no less enthusiastic, portraying the coin as a financial experiment that will empower citizens with a “community-driven revenue stream” while spurring new digital city services.

Miami is not the only city with big cryptocurrency dreams. CityCoins announced a similar cryptocurrency for New York in November 2021, and plans to release a coin for Austin, Texas, soon. Other cities have launched their own crypto ventures: Fort Worth, Texas, for example, will soon be running bitcoin mining rigs in city hall.

But only Miami’s mayor has thrown his full endorsement behind a CityCoin-branded cryptocurrency so far. After promoting MiamiCoin to residents and investors since its launch in August, the city of Miami received millions of dollars through its agreement with CityCoins.

6 Likes

Just putting this here because:

• A crypto bro found another way to blow a ton of money on a bad investment
  • The dude’s name is “Bankman-Fried” which seems like it means something.
4 Likes

Buy the (GPUs during the) dip!

10 Likes

This is great news! I was finally able to upgrade my GPU last month after a year and a half of looking for one at MSRP (I refuse to pay scalpers).

5 Likes

For the first time, a court has issued an injunction to stop the sale and transfer of a non-fungible token (NFT) at the request of a previous owner.

[…]

Rajkumar had used his NFT to borrow Ethereum from public persona and Twitter afficionado “chefpierre” on NFTfi. The ape was to be held in escrow by NFTfi until the loan could be repaid with the stipulation that the loan could be extended.

However, rather than extending, chefpierre foreclosed on the loan, shifted the NFT to his personal Ethereum wallet, and listed it for sale in OpenSea.

[…]

4 Likes

confused-what

2 Likes
4 Likes

from

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

19 Likes

16 Likes

Laugh Lol GIF

4 Likes

“Privatized gains, socialized losses.”