Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

What if an NFT of a person sells an NFT of itself

4 Likes

Subtext: “I can’t scam anyone anymore. I’m too famous for it.”

4 Likes
5 Likes

Oh dear. While looking around at the many machine learning projects hosted at Spaces - Hugging Face I stumbled across one that has been trained using marketing nonsense for NFT and crypto projects. You can either just click generate to get something out of it, or enter a prompt if you have something specific in mind. The creators seem to understand that it’s the worst

Sample output from the prompt “we will scam you” with line breaks added for readability. It totally checks out as sounding just like a coke addled cryptobro that won’t leave you alone at a bar:

"We will scam you on tmall nft for a couple of bucks every now and then. the scam is the biggest!
you may be asking yourself: why do they need a scam to scam us on tmall? that is because these bots hold more and more money.

if you are an investor, or a collector of money, the bots hold more. in short, because the bots hold more money in some fashion, they will want to collect more than you.

if you think that their $ million is $ million, it’s the same as if it was a small sum of money. and while other crypto-marketplaces allow $ million in profit to be made as part of their revenue-sharing-in-one pool, no one does such a thing and it’s a scam.

it sounds strange for a crypto marketplace to give you the ability to create a huge profit from such an exploit. but, let’s just say this is more complicated. you, as an investor, want to know the facts behind your crypto-marketplace fees.

you’ve heard that some wallets and services allow you to make money off of fake artworks and scams. in fact, one such service in the crypto-marketplace is minting some fake artworks and scam victims and giving them away on ebay (the free marketplace) for pennies.

the reason behind this is that the artist (who can mint and trade digital artworks for pennies) is using the nft marketplace as his way of recruiting more potential customers and helping them out in ways no one else could have. furthermore, the platform is taking advantage of the marketplaces with the ability to automatically display your digital artworks or pay you fees that may be required by the seller.

in the case of these cases, the owner needs to get a confirmation for the transaction, and the process of confirming the transaction is not as simple as it should be. the next time your purchase or sale of a new digital photo’s results in a transaction that needs to be made, the transaction can be made in hours that might not be possible without our confirmation.

the solution for buyers using defi is simple: submit your transaction history and pay your fees. if you know the transactions are sent to different addresses (i.e, ethereum addresses), and there’s a lot of fraud involved, the seller can cancel the transaction before it gets processed. this way, the seller will just get a refund.

1 Like

Jay-Z’s bitcoin school met with skepticism in his former housing project: ‘I don’t have money to be losing’

The hip-hop mogul loves to rap about his roots in Brooklyn’s Marcy housing projects. But classes in cryptocurrency show the billionaire is out of touch, residents say

5 Likes
4 Likes

This incorrectly suggests that there are NFTs for non-dummies.

8 Likes

So if everyone is selling, who’s doing the buying?

4 Likes

bottom right has got to be pulling from Larry Fine

3 Likes

5 Likes

Wow! you must have given Dall-E a really good prompt!

Rubes who are “buying the dip”? I’m watching a Discord off topic channel full of them now… it’s kind of upsetting.

2 Likes

LAST CHANCE TO BUY OVER $18,000

2 Likes
20 Likes

Passed - but it’s not known if the Governor will sign.

4 Likes

Hochul is running for re-election and she needs to garner some positive attention of some sort in pretty short order. She’s been kinda keeping her head down since all that shit with Cuomo went down.

Fighting with the NYC mayor is a reliable way to do that in NY State, and Adams is way into crypto. So I’d assume she’ll pass it.

The other end of it is the bulk of political funding in state comes out of the financial sector.

3 Likes

She’ll likely bow to Wall Street & collect a ton of campaign contributions.

Plot to defeat crypto meltdown: Solend votes to seize, liquidate whale account

Decentralized finance lending platform Solend tried to fend off the effects of the crypto meltdown at the weekend when 97.5 percent of its users voted to give it emergency powers to liquidate its largest customer account. A second vote held today reversed the first.

[…]

3 Likes

I think that’s sort of the question. With crypto collapsing and fossil fuels too expensive right now to mine with, is Wall Street all that heated about the subject at the moment.

The NYC finance scene is throwing dumb money at startups right now, and a hell of a lot of them are NFT Crypto Blockwhatsit magic. But mining facilities upstate might not be the hill to die on right bow.

2 Likes

In case any crypto libertarian wants to explain how this is what they wanted all along, I’m all ears.

10 Likes