Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

“My ‘Not on the Run from the Federales’ t-shirt has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my t-shirt.”

4 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Give him a little more time, and I’m sure he can complete the failure.

7 Likes

You’re buying things advertised on the daily caller, you get the “a fool and his money are soon parted” badge…

2 Likes

I hear it’s a NFT these days.

3 Likes

Starting kinda small, though:

[…]

Per the IRS’s statement, SFOX has more than 175,000 registered users who have conducted more than $12 billion in transactions since 2015. The agency said it has identified “at least ten” – count 'em, ten – US taxpayers who have used SFOX but failed to report transactions.

[…]

4 Likes

Early days?

4 Likes

Sure - but they were $8 billion of the transactions. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe the rest are making sound legal decisions and are properly declaring their income taxes. /s

3 Likes

On the bright side, it turns out all those bored ape bros who got hacked didn’t lose anything of value.

5 Likes

blockchain-flowchart

16 Likes

She gathered up enough couch change to pay the fine.

6 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF

9 Likes
9 Likes

Binance robbed of $600 million in crypto-tokens

Cryptocurrency exchange Binance temporarily halted its blockchain network on Thursday in response to a cyberattack that led to the theft of two million BNB tokens, notionally exchangeable for $566 million in fiat currency.

The shutdown, requiring the cooperation of 26 validators to close the decentralized system, occurred around 2200 UTC on October 6, as a result of the exploitation of the BSC Token Hub bridge, which connects the BNB Beacon Chain and the BNB Smart Chain so tokens from different blockchains can be exchanged.

[…]

6 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

5 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

The issue has been resolved now. But there is a lot of need for improvements in crypto exchanges and projects. Regulations needed to avoid frauds.

1 Like

Isn’t that the antithesis of everything crypto? Its entire raison d’etre was that The Man couldn’t touch it.

9 Likes