Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

The VR couch in the Metaverse.

7 Likes

I fell over my couch while I was in the metaverse!

5 Likes

“There were so many of us stealing from customer accounts that we lost track.”

9 Likes

“When they gave us their real money in return for our imaginary money, we didn’t realise anyone would expect us to actually keep track of the imaginary money”.

6 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

mr-bean-stunned

7 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t know if Silvergate did anything wrong. Possibly it didn’t!

20180703_gallows-590x207

7 Likes

No internet for you!

No idea why your bail wasn’t revoked.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Watching… Hey, wait! That third guy is Grant Cardone, Scientologist. Can’t imagine why he’d be in trouble.

Heh. Presses play…

2 Likes

… how is this different from it being worthless :confused:

4 Likes

Huh, a studio founded to do NFT stuff isn’t paying their workers, who could have seen that one coming.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Apparently that was published a bit early today. It’s a little more than “issues” at Silicon Valley Bank now.

4 Likes
9 Likes

“ Pseudonymous analyst Kaleo tells his 566,300 Twitter followers that Bitcoin is currently consolidating above a diagonal trendline after taking it out earlier this year.

According to the trader, the price action is reminiscent of how Bitcoin moved in early 2020 when it rallied from around $6,000 to $10,000 only to capitulate back to $3,000 in March of the same year.”

Pseudonymous trader? That sounds like a pump and dump.

3 Likes

Icarus? I was thinking more like Phaethon, put in charge of something he couldn’t control, lots of damage, and for the greater good, hit with a thunderbolt to the heart.

4 Likes

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2023/03/13/after-landmark-crypto-law-european-politicians-contemplate-building-their-own-blockchain/

2 Likes