Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

“Stablecoin?” Is it named after one of those buildings filled with horseshit?

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Krapopolis is cartoon featuring the utilization of NFTS and is from Fox Animation Domination. From the mind of Dan Harmon, Krapopolis was greenlit for 2 more seasons prior to its premiere which is just INSANE to me. Is it any good though? MMM no not really

This video is 2 weeks old.

1 Like
4 Likes

Ugh, it’s that “Korean prince” that bought out Freenode IRC.

2 Likes

Crypto-scammers using AI deep fakes to change dire warnings into sales-pitches. Not shocked.

1 Like

His next move? Starting a digital country.

“You can’t arrest me! My nation has no extradition treaty with the United States and I’m still wearing my Apple Vision Pro headset!”

6 Likes

Great, now do AI companies.

9 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

No.  

5 Likes

“The larger tech companies, I think, also understood that all of their competition would be growing during this period,” they said. “They felt they had to artificially inflate to stay competitive in the market and survive the crash when it came if they could.”

In some cases, that inflation meant betting on new technologies, even long after those technologies had proven risky. One former employee of OliveX, a company that claims to be making a fitness metaverse on the blockchain, called management “chronically shortsighted,” saying that “they bet on NFTs, and lost. Then six months later they bet on NFTs again and lost again. A couple of hundred people lost their jobs as a direct result of the CEO learning nothing.”

They went on to describe the company making multiple investments in NFTs and blockchain tech, as well as acquiring multiple other companies, only for those investments to backfire repeatedly and the workers of the recently acquired companies to be let go en masse. “There didn’t seem to be any strategy or plan other than KEEP MOVING and by the time we were laid off the CEO had sacrificed hundreds of employees to keep moving towards a destination that we never got any closer to,” they continued. “…When you move fast and break things you BREAK THINGS. Three offices minimum closed, throwing hundreds of employees out into the most hostile job market in years.”

3 Likes

It’s not a bug

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

VCs keep trying to make web3 a thing.

3 Likes
4 Likes

It’s be different THIS TIME… /s

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes