Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

Sadly, I have to admit that was the most insane NFT tweet I know.

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried will not stand trial a second time after federal prosecutors in New York said Friday they would not prosecute the disgraced crypto executive on charges he made unlawful campaign contributions.

The charge was severed from the rest of the case when Bankman-Fried was convicted at trial in November.

1 Like

Because he’s a kid from a good family with a promising future ahead of him?

2 Likes

Taking money from rich people (even when technically legal1)) = Bad kid! BAD! You’ll pay for this, you little punk!

Giving money to rich people even when patently illegal: Who’s a good boy? Yes, you are! [tousles hair] Just try not to get caught next time, mmmmhkay?

1) Not what our clever little Sammy did with FTX and Alameda Research, I know. Kinda outsmarted himself there. I’m just making a general observation here.

“He’s going away for a good long time already. We’re not going to spend time and effort to get him locked away for even longer time.”

In keeping with its treaty obligations to the Bahamas, the government does not intend to proceed to trial on the campaign contributions count,” the prosecutors’ filing said. The removal of the charge is a victory for Mr. Bankman-Fried’s legal team, which had argued that the United States mishandled the extradition process. And it follows the prosecution’s decision in June to proceed to a trial in October without pursuing five other charges that were added to Mr. Bankman-Fried’s indictment in the weeks after his extradition.

(New York Times, 27 July 2023)

Plus, the Supreme Court is hostile to campaign finance law. So the government could lose on the law, which would serve no public benefit. Bankman-Fried will be sentenced on 28 March 2024, and he’s been convicted on enough charges to spend decades in prison. Additional charges would not really change that calculation, so…

2 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

Shocked Trick Or Treat GIF

2 Likes

IMG_1656

2 Likes

Ah man… Space ghost… Did I ever tell you I met the guy who did the voice once at Dragon*Con (back when it was still on the air, and the damn Con wasn’t so big).

1 Like

Logan Paul offers partial refund for failed CryptoZoo game

1 Like

jah, no, sadly enough it didnt “plummet”; thats a dip and looks just like normal day-to-day fluctuation;

btcjan24

it will be a bad day, if this shit gets approval. fucking bad.

1 Like
4 Likes

Good Luck With That GIF by Chicks on the Right

I hope he only pays his lawyers if he gets the bitcoin back, at least.

1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like