Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

… Kennedy’s brain got stuck in 2018

1 Like

And his head is stuck up his ass.

1 Like
3 Likes

4 Likes

Democratizing access to bitcoin mining — the process of creating new bitcoins by solving increasingly complex computational problems — is a big part of the mission statement of this project.

Right, so that everyone can have their own power-sucking money tree and get rich. :roll_eyes:

Toward that end, Block’s venture arm backed Gridless, a company that operates bitcoin mines from renewable power sources in Kenya, Malawi and Zambia.

That power might be renewable, but I’m sure that those countries have far better uses for that power.

2 Likes

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

2 Likes

Third time’s the charm?

I don’t normally welcome the looming extinction of any kind of ape but in this case I’ll make an exception.

4 Likes

Overall, Bored Apes feel like a shadow of their former selves, when they were being sold for millions of dollars back in 2021 and 2022. Nowadays their price floor is barely hanging above $40,000.

Still $40K+ too high.

6 Likes

“Getting ourselves centered and on the right path means being a smaller, more agile and cryptonative team.”

Ok, I am apparently a hypocrite on language because the combination “cryptonative” makes me sigh heavily. It should mean “born hidden” and sounds like either a racist version of the sasquatch legend or some kind of undead, probably also racist.

4 Likes
1 Like

I’m guessing it’s some kind of virtue-signalling term of art indicating that only those who truly “get” crypto need apply, as opposed to those Negative Nellies who constantly ask annoying questions like “what exactly is our business model?” or “why the fuck would anyone pay millions of dollars for what amounts to a digital receipt for a poorly drawn cartoon that anyone can download?”

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I probably mentioned this upthread months ago, but…

I haven’t had a chance to read Number Go Up yet (got a hold on it at my library but I’m like 10th in line for it) but the interviews I’ve heard with the author were great.

4 Likes

Peter and Michael discuss Michael Lewis’s bestselling book about the rise and fall of Sam Bankman-Fried, a young prodigy whose only flaw was that he dreamed too big

Cbs Ugh GIF by HULU

2 Likes

That’s gotta be sarcasm. Right? I really hope it’s sarcasm…

3 Likes

well, let’s see what the wikipedia has to say…

Apparently not… :woman_shrugging: Some people just want to cuddle with wealth and power rather than criticize it…

3 Likes

Going Infinite has been criticized for being excessively credulous and overly sympathetic to Bankman-Fried, and lacking in insight despite the author’s access.

Dude is somehow still pulling one over on people.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter how destructive this shit is, some people refuse to see the truth. They’ll still be singing the praises of crypto and nfts or whatever as the whole god damn economy is a smoking ruin. They don’t give a shit who gets fucked over, as long as they can say that they’ve been near those they worship, which are mediocre white dudes born on 3rd base…

3 Likes