Cryptopocalypse -- Bitcoin drops almost 40% in one day

That’s quite a feature for a supposed currency.

You say “supposed” but the 0’s in my bank account say differently. :joy: :joy: Best of luck to you friend!

The “supposed” was in reference to it being a currency. I may use currency differently than you do, but for me, a “currency” that swings wildly in value from day to day, and has for the last ten years, is not exactly a useful tool. If I want to buy a sandwich or a new suit or a car, 40% dips and rises in value are not what most folks are looking for in purchasing power.

Now, if you’re just looking at it as a vehicle for speculation where enormous, frequent swings in value can make or break fortunes, have at it and good luck! I’d never begrudge someone their gambling.

7 Likes

To a certain degree, yes, but churches, civic organizations and even private enterprise are going to step up. My wife and I met with our neighbor who has a huge communications network at his fingertips to craft some sort of community response network; pick up groceries for vulnerable people, assist in core infrastructural needs, etc. Not really sure what it might look like, but I can’t imagine we’re the only ones thinking along these lines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.