Cubli: motorized reaction-wheel cube that can balance and walk on its edges and corners

[Permalink]

2 Likes

But can it navigate stairs? Extirminate

1 Like

They just need to make room in the frame for a few propellers – octo-copter?

Miniaturize it and make blue tooth controllable loaded dice…

6 Likes

Make it look like the Hellraiser cube and have it “walk” toward someone, or even as a prop in one of the movies, I think that wouls be quite effective.

1 Like

I can’t help but think that without some rubber bumpers on the corners, it’s going to put some serious gouges in your table.

So they can make this and a hundred other amazing things, but they still cant make an a renewable energy device that doesn’t belch out toxic filth!!! Crazy world!

Controls problems may be intricate but they’re still easier than bending the laws of thermodynamics.

6 Likes

Math pedantry: If it were 15 cm^3, it would be about one inch on a side. This is a cube 15cm on a side, or about 1875 cm^3.

1 Like

I was about to say the same thing.
15^3 cm 15cm^3 reads as “fifteen cubic centimeters”,
whereas he could have said “a 15 centimeter cube”, which would have been annoying to us math pedants, but not confusing.

Edited for dyslexia

1 Like

Nice Borg Egg.

2 Likes

Nano-size this, network it, and you do indeed have the Terminator self assembling robot. Batteries will be the Achilles heel, but wait until the Terminator is replaced by the fusion-powered evil Energizer bunny.

Thank you, I came here to be an annoying pedant too.

Also further down, they say"15 x 15 x 15 cm," which is a length, not a volume.

Nice catch there :laughing:

Er, actually “15^3 cm” reads as “(15 cubed) centimeters” = 15 × 15 × 15 centimeters = 3.375 meters.

So, to recap, 15^3 cm ≠ 15 cm^3 ≠ (15 cm)^3

1 Like

That is frikin awesome. As a kid the Gyro Toy was my favourite, That cube is an amazing expansive use of centrifugal force.

It looks like no one has yet welcomed our new cubic overloards.

3 Likes

Kickstarter? I’m in for at least $100. One of these would be awesome to play with.

Yup, a real T1000! A very, very slow, cumbersome, awkwardly moving, T1000.

I think I’d be more afraid of a giant version that would just crush me under one of it’s 6 sides of doom.

More like a T 1.1 It’ll be a few updates before we get anywhere near the T1000 level of quality.