Cuneiform Gingerbread Tablet Rolling Pin

Yay. The British Museum is within walking distance of my work, so I could just look at the original. My cuneiform is a bit rusty, but this magnificent fellow may be about…

2 Likes

Nam-Shub of Enki?

2 Likes

I bought a similar roller, wood that had been laser etched to look like victorian wallpaper. Fair warning, friends: I have not had much success getting this pattern to transfer to edible materials, such as sugar cookies. Most things you want to eat will expand and smooth a bit while baking. Still works as a rolling pin, though perhaps a bit stickier than a simple dowel.

2 Likes

It’s probably nothing along the lines of:

Month of Šabātu, what is your food?
—You shall eat still hot bread and the buttock of a donkey stallion stuffed with dog poop and the excrement of dust flies."

1 Like

Would we know the difference?

2 Likes

“Try to clean me after rolling out that sticky cookie dough. I dare you.”

7 Likes

I’m talking about the shop page.
This is for only one product to buy and the picture is not accurate.
There is the note, but the picture is clearly misleading.

The shop page shows me the correct images. Granted, the post is extremely misleading as it references two techniques, focuses on the one, but is framed as if it were all about the other (the rolling pin), when that actually seems more like an afterthought, given how it’s just stuck in as a link at the end, despite the headline and title image. Which is pretty weird, really.

1 Like

You can’t engage in a business transaction with a demon without summoning it first.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.