Curb Your Enthusiasm's Richard Lewis, RIP

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/28/comedian-richard-lewis-has-died.html

6 Likes

That was the obituary from hell.

5 Likes

I will have a small anxiety attack in solemn memory of someone who helped shaped my idea of what comedy was.

13 Likes

The headline is a nice and appropriate sentiment, but I doubt the words “rest” and “peace” were in the man’s vocabulary.

4 Likes

A few years ago I walked by a parking lot and saw a New York license plate that said XANAX and my first thought was, “Hey, Richard Lewis is in town.”

I can’t explain why I didn’t stop to take a picture of it, and while I don’t know how active he was on any social media platform I wish I’d found a way to send it to him. I hope he would have gotten a chuckle out of it. Now it seems like even more of a missed opportunity.

4 Likes

I always enjoyed his comedy…I learned from the obituary that Curb has had 24 seasons?

5 Likes

Curb has been around for 24 years but has like 12 seasons.

8 Likes

“I tried going to bed this morning. I couldn’t sleep. I tried counting sheep but there were only six of 'em and they all had hip replacements.”

RIP, Richard Lewis!

8 Likes

richard-lewis-rip

10 Likes

When he was in school he appeared on Candid Camera. Here’s the clip:

6 Likes

My third favorite regular on Letterman in the ‘80’s (after Pee Wee and Brother Theodore). I thought “this guy is me when I grow up, except I’m not Jewish.”

I feel so old now every time some childhood or teen idol dies and we watch in memorial clips on YouTube. Ugh. Totally going to watch some clips though!

I’ve never seen any Curb, is it good?

11 Likes

“I’ll sleep when I’m dead? I’m dead when I’m dead.”

2 Likes

I liken it to cold, hard Seinfeld-style comedy in its most raw, purest form.

2 Likes

Loved his show with Jamie Lee Curtis, Anything But Love and his stand-up. Never saw Curb…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.