Cyberpunk 2077 apology generator

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/19/cyberpunk-2077-apology-generator.html

2 Likes

I expected to much. From the apology generator I mean. I was expecting it takes typically commenter apology phrases and randomly generates tweet length apologies.

4 Likes

This is how you make a proper apology.

3 Likes

Indeed, the juxtaposition of “cyberpunk”, “apology” and “generator” had me expecting some sort of AI text generator; I guess that this being disappointing from a technical standpoint is fitting for the 2077 release. Fingers crossed it will all be patched by the time I think about buying the game in next year’s Steam Sale.

3 Likes

Here’s their original apology, but they had to recall it:

“First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the :eggplant:game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more :eggplant:informed decision about your :eggplant:purchase. We should have paid more attention to :eggplant:making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”

3 Likes

Am I the only one that hasn’t had any problems with the game except for some minor clipping issues? I’m not even running a recommended spec machine.

2 Likes
  • The PC version, in general, has significantly fewer serious issues than the console versions, even on lower-spec systems.

• There’s been a number of hotfixes (5 to date).

• User choices and RNGeebus greatly affect what bug(s) you see and their severity, when seen.

The only serious bug I’ve encountered so far, is absolute, stubborn refusal to detect the middle button-click on Logitech devices (something like 80% of the market; derp :drooling_face:), which is a HUGE gamebreaker – because you get outfits later that you can only remove with middle-mouse, no remapping available – but you can fix that permanently with a simple XML edit to your mouse driver’s settings (there’s temporary workaraounds via alternate controls, such as a gamepad, as well, if editing the XML is too worrisome/annoying).

2 Likes

Your game is only playable if you hack it. Now that is cyberpunk.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.