Cyclist tries to drive over moving drawbridge, learns it's a bad idea

Having ridden that road many times bears are pretty common. I have had to stop several times for a Mamma bear to cross the road. (They take their time if the cubs are hanging out). Trying to pass a bear is almost always a bad idea.

It’s a bit concerning he wasn’t able to stop in time, that road has good visibility on most corners and is often busy with younger and slower cyclists. There are some places and times that it could be understandable but many where it isn’t.

Rant aside. Running into bears is a risk here. I did run into a black bear on a blind turn mountain biking when I was younger. It ran one way and I ran the other. Thankfully we were both OK.

2 Likes

Similar vibe to RAF Luton, who’s twitter account is funniest for all the people who seem to assume that there’s no way a account calling itself “RAF Luton” could possibly be fake (despite clearly labelling itself as parody). People get very worked up about the RAF seemingly bragging about it’s “semi-nuclear bombs”. They only cost £8,0085 million each! :slight_smile:
https://twitter.com/RAF_Luton

2 Likes

The video reminds me of a tweet I saw about a dozen years ago, when news was breaking that Lance Armstrong had cheated chemically.

“People are mad at Lance Armstrong, but he won the Tour de France while on drugs. Have you tried riding a bicycle while on drugs? I did, and could barely make it home!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.