Here’s one for all the COVIDIOTS.

8 Likes

I miss him.

6 Likes

Awesome whiteface.

6 Likes
3 Likes

12 Likes

Ah, bardcore… my DM introduced me to this genre by playing various bits whenever we entered a tavern or visited a fair. My introduction to the genre:

It’s hard to roleplay when you’ve spit water all over your character sheet.

3 Likes

One of my favorite covers of all time:

8 Likes

I was sure that I wouldn’t like it because I don’t like Kate Bush covers, but this one is quite good!

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s an excellent take on the song.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I particularly like this bit:
Before he took office in 2016, musicians even released “anti-Trump songs” under the motto “Artists for a Trump-Free America,” and those asked to sing at his inauguration refused. British singer Rebecca Ferguson agreed to perform on the condition that she could sing Billie Holiday’s song “Strange Fruit,” a protest song from 1939 denouncing the violence against Black people in the US. She was not booked.

4 Likes

Nice.

But also grimly prescient.

2 Likes

Chris Connelly singing Lou Reed in honor of the late Bill Rieflin…

3 Likes

Pass the mead Dolly!

8 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

11 Likes

The origin of K-pop is a tale of global capitalism and cultural cross-pollination through American imperialism, but it’s also the story of a flunkie metalhead who was told for years he’d amount to nothing, and then reshaped the course of music history.

This was a great article on the OG K-pop album that started it all. I’ve long been obsessed with Seo Taiji - he was my gateway to K-pop. This was an informative flashback to the roots of the genre.

2 Likes