Da Musicz

6 Likes

So he managed to pull a Dennis Waterman? Respect.

1 Like

Reminds me of this adorable old side project.

6 Likes

Over the years, this thread has morphed into the main post for music in general, and I’m okay with that.

5 Likes

I’d assumed it was a catch-all music thread but since that was an assumption I thought I’d check. :slight_smile:

I really enjoy this thread, I listen to a lot of music in here that I would not otherwise be exposed to. I do have low tolerance for some stuff however. Autotune. :rage:

2 Likes

Well, it is, now.

Enjoy.

4 Likes

In news:

1 Like

Interesting - I will have to look into how that works since I recall that back in the 90s he securitized his catalog and sold off shares (mostly purchased by insurance companies and teachers union retirement funds, I believe)

1 Like

David Bowie joins the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan in becoming an artist whose catalogue has been sold to a major music company.

Well, no HE doesn’t, Wapo, cause he’s dead. His ESTATE does, which is a very different thing. David Bowie can’t do anything anymore.

3 Likes

Well, the sentence doesn’t say “he sold” it…just that it “has been sold”. :man_shrugging:

Bowie could “become” some things posthumously, like the most listened to artist, or the most influential artist, or similar things.

2 Likes

True, but it also says that “David Bowie joins…” well no, he doesn’t because he’s not alive…

2 Likes

Well, that’s sad because now he’ll never “join” the heavenly host (in some folks’ belief system), or (by my belief system) never “become” part of nature’s recycling program. :man_shrugging:

ETA: Okay, I’ve talked to my mom who is a better grammarian than myself. She sees no issue with it because it’s understood in context that Bowie is dead, and besides, the phrasing is becoming part of the changes occurring in contemporary vernacular.

3 Likes
4 Likes

The world is lesser without Nanci…

6 Likes

Wilson Pickett!

4 Likes

OMG, Schaefer, Shlitz, or Schmidt’s used to be the top three choices, back in the day!
:laughing:
Ah, memories:

RIP Marilyn Bergman. :cry:

4 Likes

Nothing but the finest!

But, we shouldn’t forget about the “c” in that name.

No problem Honey, let’s just have beer for dinner!

4 Likes

Oops! Although, TBH after consuming much better beers later in life, the “l” and “z” could be dropped, too. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m in love with this track :heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes
4 Likes