Da Musicz

This doesn’t fit in the cover songs thread, but here is an original that I like better than the far more popular cover.

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes
10 Likes

Did they do an early version of Taxman?

1 Like
1 Like

from

from

7 Likes

Early clapbacks

2 Likes

She’s also no Sue.

4 Likes

from

8 Likes
6 Likes

Agreed! Thanks, that’s wonderful.

2 Likes
1 Like

A new track from Knower…

And one from a couple of weeks ago…

I wonder what their neighbors think?

3 Likes

I saw The Cure on Thursday. After all the drama getting tickets, I was able to score second row seats on the day of the show through the fan exchange through sheer luck. I sold my 15th row tickets through the fan exchange in less than one minute.

For all the talk about gouging, the tickets were reasonably priced ($250 for row 2), the merch was of good quality and reasonably priced ($25 t-shirts), they played an extra long (2h45m) set, and most of all Robert Smith looked genuinely humbled by the crowd and happy to be performing. After being at so many live shows where the headliner is clearly just going through the motions or clearly isn’t in a mood to perform this was so refreshing and heartening. Robert Smith sounds just as good today as he did decades ago. It was a really joyful thing.

He took moments through the show to slowly walk from one end of the stage to the other to just look at the crowd and have little interactions with the audience. It was lovely.

Before the first encore, Simon enthusiastically threw his bass on the floor before leaving the stage and it was still sustaining its note. Before leaving the stage, Smith picked it up and carefully placed it on its stand rather than leaving it for the road crew to fix.

After an odd song transition, Smith addressed it to the crowd saying how he likes to mix up the set list and keep things interesting, but sometimes it just doesn’t work and that he was sorry he fucked that one up.

After the final song and the rest of the band had left the stage, Smith again walked the stage to accept gifts from the audience and thank everybody a final time.

I’ve long been a casual Cure fan, but the whole experience really gave me a huge amount of respect for Robert Smith both as a performer and all around good human.

The only bummer was the setlist for the following night in Vancouver had several songs I wish they had played on the night I saw them. That’s always the risk when you have a band that likes to mix things up at every show. You might miss out on your favorite song while the next show gets to hear it.

Here’s a pic of Robert looking happy:

9 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Wow, crowded house! (Ha)

1 Like